Hot Lure: DW SS orange crush

Trolling Speed: 2.5-3.8

Down Speed: 2.2-2.7

Boat Depth: 80-200 ft

Lure Depth: five color core

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Funny how things change after one week. Waves were a bit tough out deep and not one single fish marked. We moved into 80-100 fow and had two hits around 95-100 fow. Only boated one fish today.....water was very,very cold.

- Chris

Thanks for the report. We skunked on my boat. Had couple knock offs but nobody home.

That was me on my boat when I passed by your dock as I had to hurry back to the dock to be on the field for my children s flag football game.

Tight lines.

I thought that might be you that passed us....

It was definitely a tough day of fishing for us - I'm anxious to see if any of the guys that fished out deep had any better luck. In hindsight, I wish we had focused on a better steelhead program today since our only two hits came up high - on the five color leadcore and our high rigger down 25' and it was at a subtle surface temp. break around 90-100 fow.

Live and learn.....we'll be back at it next Sat/Sun

- Chris

It was a tough day for us out of I-bay too. Went out with Scott on the Nancy-B II from 7 until about 11. Fished from 85' out to about 130' from the bay to a little past the river. Cold water everywhere. We took one Coho. It hit a Michigan Stinger down 20' over 95' while we were setting up first thing in the morning. That was our only hit all day. Hopefully the lake will set up again this week.

I we trolled from east of sandy creek all the way to Brodocks bay 60fow to 150 fow all depths all go to combos all we got for our trouble was 2 knock offs. Also got good seat for the air show. Man those jets move, I would hate to be the guy they bomb or scraf, one of those thing flew right over us and man was that impressive.

Maybe try out deeper???

I fished the 36-37 West lines out in 300-350 on Wednesday for 8/9 with 7 kings all 4-6 pounds and 1 5 pound steelie...Set up in 120' with 39 for surface temp. and had to convince my buddy that we should go deep and not shallow...Warmest we found was 43 out in that 300-350 where we caught all our fish...

NK DieHard down 35 back 35 was hot and I almost laughed to death when my buddy wanted to change a rod and picked the only rod to catch a fish and two at that...Steelie hit a Pirate Melon off the board, 2 diver shots out 125 and 200 with a mountain-dew doctor mirage fly, and a green glow doctor and green hammer...125 diver shot was the only good fish and we dropped it after a smoking run...Divers were braid and ran on 3 settings...

Also, cant beat when the boss calls in the morning and says its raining, lets go fishing for a few hours and take it from there...We never made it to work that day...

We Also had a less than stellar day on Saturday. That cold water really screwed stuff up. We boated two kings in the 6-8 lb class. Marked alot of hooks and some bait. No where near the picture we are used to seeing. I'll confirm Slimy's report...we also had the Die Hard go.... We had a couple more shots on Free sliders......Pulled the plug early to avoid the cluster F.... in the river.