Any one been to Fair Haven yet this year?

R K

You need to watch some television during the daylight hours or try some radio :?

Level it has been cold and windy up here for all april and not many guys are putting in time on water yet. ALOT of small 2-3 pound fish being caught by charters mainly up west on shoreline. Mud line is solid out to 12-15 ft of water were it turns to 39-40 degrees instantly. Give it 1 more week for at least tolerable fishing conditions

Jerry

REBEL

i wanna fish ,hey how about a comedy central on the chat room ...hey bill what did the brown say when he got caught for the fourth time ............just had to habernother,...........hey yankee what did the bass say when you pulled it out from under the dock.............who cares were salmon fishermen here..........................how to keep a polock busy press f5 hey thats me ill be right back gotta press f5 hey thats me gotta press f5..................................whew that was refreshing. :lol:

Heard last weekend there was a couple of small boats out and were doing a couple of browns off the beach. The ice finally went down/out of the bay this week. They started to put boats in 2 days ago. After this nice snow event that mother nature gave us there will be guys out. If I hear anymore I will put it here.

Rich

LG,

There was no oil spill in Fairhaven. I am assuming that the winds were pretty nasty up there today, along with snow, that nottoo many if anyone at all got out. HOpe fully next weekend.

Rich

I went steelheading today and checked out the lake at Fair Haven when I went through. As YT said, the ice just went out this past week. There was the the mother of all mudlines out in the lake. It looked like chocolate milk out several hundred yards from shore and then it turned green. A nice defined edge that looked VERY fishy. It was pretty rough so no boats were out. It's good to go as soon as the weather cooperates though.

I was there with YT and my Dad yesterday getting my boat and camp ready. WE were ready and willing to go fishing, but MOTHER NATURE wasn't cooperating. I hope to get out one afternoon late this week, and then again next weekend. As Fishshack said, it's looking very, very fishy out there!

BTW LevelGreener, I'm from Ithaca too...give me a shout and maybe we can make a run up to Fair Haven for a day of fun-fishing on my boat sometime this year.

I was up at Bayside Marina to do the bottom paint on my boat Easter morning. It was nasty...windy and cold! Only Popeye's boat is in the water so far. Everyone else is still on dry land. Mayby Werner's been out and can provide some feedback? Hopefully another week should do it and this last cold blow will be over. Then we can get down to business!

-Steve D

Werner has his boat in the water, but still needs to do some small mechanical maintance for the upcoming weekend. He was out in the bay for a ride but never fished. I am sure we will have a report next week from him.

Rich