launched out of wrights landing at 5:30 to a nice 2ft chop. I had a plan to fish browns for the first 3 hours then slide out and search for kings. The weather man said 2 ft waves dropping tp 1 ft or less. boy was he wrong.

headed to ford shoals for browns and did 2 and a smallmouth on my first pass. trolled back east and the wind was picking up. we pulled the otter boats because you could not keep and speed control with them. headed back wast and the waves were 3-5ft. speed control was very bad and headed for the harbor to try around there. nothing.

all 3 fish came on a michigan stinger black and silver 15ft down. water temp was 52

Hey there everyone. Just joined the site, seems really good so far. Traveling man- We have a cabin right by ford shoals, so that's where I am usually fishing. What kind of depth, speed, and bait do you normally use when going for Browns? The cabin used to be my Dads, but he died Feb. I've never done much brown fishing, and would like to get a better handle of it.

This time of the year I like 8-20 feet of waterand out to 30 feet as the sun gets higher. 15 feet down caught our fish on saturday and a silver and black spoon was best. As far as speed i usually run 2.3 - 2.7 on my gps. It seems like ford shoals always has browns around it this time of year. i hoped this helps