Rapala 50lb digital scale question

I had same problem this weekend who needs directions for this hmmmm, went to weight the 3 walleye and it was in kg. i am not sure what i did but i turned the unit on and quickly pushed button again. sorry cant be more specific.

I have one and if I remember correctly, to switch it from Kg to lbs you need to hold one of the buttons down until it changes. It's been a while since I had to change it so I'll apologize in advance if I'm wrong :(

Good luck.

Brian

I have the same unit. If I remember right, when you turn it on, the display flashes a few times. While it flashes hit the button again and it should switch back and forth between lbs and kg. I'll try mine when I get a chance to make sure. Luckily, mine has always stayed on lbs. :D Jeremy

• 9 months later...

The Rapala 50lb Sportsman scale is tough to change from kg to lb and then to lb, oz. When you hold the (only) button down to turn it on the screen starts flashing. At that time start pressing the button about once per second. As you keep pushing it it usually starts with kg and your next push changes it to lbs with a decimal point and the next pressing moves it to lbs and oz numbers. (It would have been nice if it defaulted to lbs and oz for those sold in the US.) If you stop punching in on the button it will lock in that readout. If that is not what you want, you must hold down on the button to shut off and hold down again to turn it on shown by the flashing screen once again. Start pressing while it is flashing and continue pressing every second until you are on the read out you want.

Good Luck

• 1 year later...

I don't know why they have to make this such a pain to deal with. Other than that, it is a good scale. It would rate it as a 5 star product minus 4.5 for aggravations ;))

I found this thread googling for the instructions. When I couldn't get the ones above to work nor what was on Rapala's web page, as much trouble as I went through, I thought I would post the answer to anyone else who might need it. I'm sure a lot of these things have been destroyed by people less patient than we ;))

• 5 years later...
  • 3 months later...