New Largest Rainbow.......$100.00

New Largest Brown..........$100.00

First Place fish to be mounted by:

Flint Creek Taxidermy

Largest Rainbow to be mounted by:

Nature's Trophies Taxidermy

Largest Brown to be mounted by:

Joe Gursslins Taxidermy

A $50.00 gift certificate will be awarded on a random basis at the close of each weigh station both 6/6 and 6/7 from all fish entered. Need not be present to win. Winners will be notified by mail.

Derby Times

6/6....5am til 7pm

6/7....5am til 4pm

No night fishing

Shore fishing is permitted

Northend Weigh Station

Canandaigua Inn On The Lake

Southend Headquarters/ Weigh Station

Feild's Construction

All entries must be in by 6/5

Must have entrie slip at weigh station

All Proceeds to Benifit:

Camp Good Days & Special Times

and

Mercy Flight Central

If there is anything else let me know I will find out. Hope to see you there.

It's a good cause.

Just a heads up...I went to Roy's Marina in Geneva to register and although they have registration forms, they aren't taking money. I drove up to Seager Marine in Canandaigua. Wasn't sure if there were any other late registrants like myself. Called Al in woodville and he said next year they will have some collectors in the Geneva-Waterloo area.

Got some more info.

The weigh station hrs. are:

Sat. 6/6 8am til 8pm

Sun. 6/7 8am til 4pm

The awards cerimony will be at the southend starting about 5 or 5:30

Everyone has until 8pm tonight to register. You can register at:

Sutton's (naples)

Smith Boys Marina (woodville)

Pelican Point Marina (east lake rd.)

Seagers marina (city pier)

Captian Grey's bait shop (city pier)

Chamber of Commerce (main st canandaigua)

Don's Inn (5&20 hopewell)

Also the weigh stations hve my cell # and I am going to try to give you current standings every hour or every other hour on channell 68.

hope this helps. Good Luck

Zebedee:

Big fish caught this year. Results as of 3pm I didn't stay around for final results.

Largest trout: Brown/Laker

1. 12.86

2. 12.84

3. 12.54

4. 10.48

5. 10.44

Rainbow

1. 9.38

Browns:

1. 9.65

I'll try to find the final results for you. (Mongo get on it) Thanks

Jay

What are the LN , N and LS codes signifying, catch location? I would like to talk to Tom and ask him how to catch 9lb rainbows out there , now that would be fun. After talking to several guys, I am looking forward to when the lake sets up and the catch rates improve out there. I tried many programs and couldn't even get a shaker. I figure the full moon put the fish in a negative mood, see you out there. At least most of my spoons and flashers are washed.

FLX I believe that the LN is Laker at the Northend. We had bad luck as well. I have no idea how you catch trout with flasher and flies. At least on Canandaigua lake. Good weather though and good to be back on the water. I think this is the first year we caught rainbows with consistincey. That was cool. For next year I am working on a web site for the derby and hope to be able to register online. Let us know when you catch the big one.

Jason, you must come out with me and I will show you how I catch em with the flasher fly program (when they start biting for me). I usually do better with more people on the boat, so if you have time let me know. We ran spoons, natural and bright colors, Suttons 44's which I know you use and nada. Also white, mtn dew, glow Spin Dr's, white crush glow/ blue Smartfish, white Pro Troll Echips, glow squids, Hammer flies in green and original, chicken wing fly, white NK fly, stick baits off boards in natural colors and bright, alone and with snap weights. We did have streakers coming up to the balls looking at the program but that was it. I hope it gets better for me soon, I'm hungry. I went out yesterday with ncallahan after he did a seat repair for me as I washed down the boat. We rigged up at the dock and headed out to take look at the sonar then the rain rolled in, so we cracked a beer and drove back to the dock. :beer:

skips965Brown.jpg

Sorry for the late post. The derby was a first and a real trip for us!. We had 2 vetrans aboard and one green horn (as in started fishing less then a year ago). Our highlight was watching the newbie land this hen Brown on 6 lb. test. She gave him everything she had and we had to clear all the lines. He fought the fish like a pro. When we finally got the fish in the boat there was no doubt in my mind that she would make the board, boy was I wrong.

Clearly there are two outstanding salmonid fisheries in this lake and the bows are strong as well. It's a shame that the derby does not give fair credit to at least the Laker and Brown fisheries. All in all, it was a wild saturday and a great change of pace from our usual fisheries. It was a day and fight that I will remember forever, but it was a bummer the newbie did not place. This fish would have placed 3rd on the Seneca Memorial derby.

Maybe the next time around............

some of the committe members and contributors are talking about adding a 2nd and 3rd place to the brown and rainbow division! I belong to the club that donates the rainbow prize and we will be bringing it to our club for support! It was brought up at the awards ceremony and sparked some interest.

• 8 months later...