where too start on oneida for some eyes on fri- sat

akitaone

i mostly go out on the south -west end and fish the shallows.frenchman and dunman isle and maple bay but have had very little luck had a total of 4 in about 14hrs of fishing.i mostly drift with jigs and worm harness.what am i doing wrong besides staying under 15ft of water?every one says go east.any input would be great thanks in advance

i usually don't go until later in the year but you got the jist of it. I fish out by the buoys with hareness' and bottom bouncers. I use big 2oz bottom bouncers and troll slow at 1.2 to 1.6. Last year i fished mostly over 30 plus fow and limited out every time i went. Again i go later in the year when the water warms up.

also yes i fished mostly east from sylvan at buoy 109 to buoy 119

i am going the weekend of the 13th if you go out then and have a radio let me know

oneida idea.leave the south shore boat launch head ne. towards lakeport in front of fremac marine in 32fow try jiggin a red and black jig or a 2in mister twister.if that fails go alittle further east in front of wilson point and try in 28fow.lots of rocks and close to deep water{40fow}good luck and so long 4 now;john

well the rod was stiff for most of the day :lol: we went on on fri and fished west of frencman isle and picked a few small eyes,then we went east of dunman and did a troll in 19-23ft and picked up 2 by grassy isle.for sat we ended up with 6, fishing from podygut down to hubbards bar.we used copper on the worm harness and black and green jigs for most of the fish,black and blue rapalas for the troll.thanks for the help

Go from the East end. I launch from Marion Manor, intersection routes 13 and 31, very early before sun rises. Try fish creek reef, messengers reef North Shore, etc in 24-32 feet Jigs tipped with nightcrawlers. If you have a radio, keep it on as there is alot of chatter. My group have been limiting each time out.

not sure how far you want to go ,but at buoy 119 infront of lake port state launch they are killing the walleyes with jigs.i troll for them ,but could not resist the jigging action sunday.black or black and purple jigs with a short piece of worm is the ticket.just south and west of 125 was good also .friday we limited 6 in the 18 inch range in few hours,saturday was unreal 6 in less then an hour ,both days trolling leadcore line with black and silver rapalas .sunday we brought the kids jigging,it took a little longer but they were definitely on. you cant miss 119 looks like a boat parking lot.