just wanted to share about my bad experience yesterday....went to a stocked stream with 2 friends hoping to get some trout for the grill having a cookout tonight....this is a put and take fishery very little if any natural reproduction......so we must have hit it just right we probably caught 30 or 40 trout between us.....we all kept our limit of 3 fish which is the creel on this stream....awesome keepers all big browns we had the fish in a fish basket in the creek..... throughout the day this guy who was casting over our lines and just being totally rude....it was about 830 we went to get the truck with the ice in it to keep fish nice....drove truck over to fish basket i walked down the bank and to my surprise the guy had my basket in his hand and was throwing fish back into the creek.....at that point i was totally enraged freaking out asking him what he was doing.....then the guy said i was illegal fishing he barely spoke any english just kept repeating illegal fishing his wife who was actually on the lookout for us then came over push us grabbed him and they took off...there was clearly 3 guys 3 fish each and this guy saw us catch them all and put them in the basket....i just oculdn't believe the nerve of this guy waiting for us to turn our back for 1 minute...i know its drawn out but i was just in shock of this guys ignorance

just wanted to share about my bad experience yesterday....went to a stocked stream with 2 friends hoping to get some trout for the grill having a cookout tonight....this is a put and take fishery very little if any natural reproduction......so we must have hit it just right we probably caught 30 or 40 trout between us.....we all kept our limit of 3 fish which is the creel on this stream....awesome keepers all big browns we had the fish in a fish basket in the creek..... throughout the day this guy who was casting over our lines and just being totally rude....it was about 830 we went to get the truck with the ice in it to keep fish nice....drove truck over to fish basket i walked down the bank and to my surprise the guy had my basket in his hand and was throwing fish back into the creek.....at that point i was totally enraged freaking out asking him what he was doing.....then the guy said i was illegal fishing he barely spoke any english just kept repeating illegal fishing his wife who was actually on the lookout for us then came over push us grabbed him and they took off...there was clearly 3 guys 3 fish each and this guy saw us catch them all and put them in the basket....i just oculdn't believe the nerve of this guy waiting for us to turn our back for 1 minute...i know its drawn out but i was just in shock of this guys ignorance

where did y go?

Just so ya know for next time, if you were fishing an inland stream for Browns you can only keep 2 fish 12 inches or over. It still does not give the guy the right to dump out your fish however. If you were fishing where I think you were, some 2 year old browns were put in as surplus and most are well over 12 inches.

Let me guess Irondiquoit Creek and the guy your speeking about was talking in slavick ?? You should have thrown his !@# in the creek. Kinda pisses ya off don't it. :devil::devil::devil::devil:

Tight Lines,

Steve

According to regulations each angler is supposed to keep his own fish in their own creel

jon, what regulation? cite please, I can't seem to find that in the NYS fishing syllabus.

Thanks,

Tim

slavic indeed....its unreal the things that go on at that place...turns me off even wanting to go anymore and i know a lot of people who feel the same...i was there this weekend and this nice kid in a wheelchair happened to hook into a nice fish well what happened a bunch of the non englsih speaking guys went over and started to crowd him out if you could imagine such a thing