mountain goat : Fishing Report

==============

TRIP OVERVIEW

==============

Date(s): (6-7-09Time on Water: (8:00 AM – 11am

Temp/Weather: (85°F and sunny, overcast, rain, snow)

Wind Speed/Direction: (NW at 8 MPH)

Waves: (1-2 Footers, Calm)

Surface Temp: (72°F)

LAT/LONG: (GPS Cords)

===============

FISHING RESULTS

===============

Total Hits: (0, 5 .)

Total Boated: (0, 5, 10, etc.)

Species Breakdown: (3 Kings, 2 Bows, 1 Brown, 5 Lake Trout)

Hot Lure: (NK28, White Spindoctor with Green A-TOM-MIC Fly)

Trolling Speed: (2.1 mph)

Down Speed: (1.8 mph)

Boat Depth: (200 ft)

Lure Depth: (80 ft)

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

caught some decent fish ast the oak sunday. had to keep a bigger one (22lbs) because it swallowed the fly so deep that its gills were ripped up and the thing was gushing blood on the deck of the boat. other than that I let my friend keep his first two fish ever from lake ontario, both dinks,we cooked them on the grill. They were small but he was really excited to keep them and they went pretty good with a couple beers later in the afternoon.

Also had one breakoff on a big fish which really pzzed me off. I think the drag was too tight, it was a spoon hit and my spoon rods have 17 lb vanish on them for leader, and ts only my second time fishing the salmon gear so i likely had a drag set too tight, and handed the rod to a newbie, and it screamed for about 200 feet and broke at the knot on the leader.

I was hoping to go all year without a breakoff. sorry in advance, a few swear words in the video clip.

100_3905.jpg

Nice fish! I see you have a Sea Sprite. I have an 87' 225 that I just bought 2 years ago that is very similar. It looks like you did some customizing to the interior and get it set up nice for fishing. They are a well made boat. it's too bad they went out of business. Keep up the good work and good fishing!

Great video! Do yourself a favor and lose the Vanish! It's not the drag, that line just does not seem to be able to handle a surge from a decent fish. "Vanish" is what's going to happen to a bunch more fish till you switch line IMHO.

Nice vid and pics MG...I was out on Monday and the screen was like the drive-in in the middle of january..temps went down 3 degrees in the NE wind, had two hits nobody home. Great to see the fish are starting to come around at the OAK. Nice to meet you down at the EZ shop. Tight lines man! Will be back around the 4th of July for another round out there. Gotta drive my life awaaayyyy. Bye

Mark

Hi Joe, thanks again and again for the good deal on the boat. As you can probably guess I have gotten my money's worth out of it.

I replaced the carpet yesterday, and put a homemade rocket launcher on it this spring, and changed the name to Calypso.

The boat has been perfect in every way (knock on wood), runs like a champ, catches fish, easy to tow, doesn't leak. I better stop before I jinx myself.

Only problem is I have never caught a lake trout yet.

I see your truck at the sandy launch a lot on my way to work in the morning a lot, I think I need to talk to my boss to let me go fishing more often.

And I bought 20 lb seaguar red label fluoro for leader material yesterday... Gotta get rid of the vanish I guess.