Cayuga this Weekend

Who's fishing this weekend on Cayuga? I'm planning on heading out Sunday morning out of Myers.

My 7 yr old daughter will be going out, her 1st real lake fishing trip. She's putting together a list of stuff to bring along - books, snacks, IPod ... you know ... the important stuff. She asked if she could tube if it gets slow :shake::shake::shake::o

Put in at N.Point today. Did Deans to the Silos, crossed and worked our way back. Covered 80-90 west side, 80-250 east side. Ran stuff from 10-120' down at 1.9-2.3 @ the ball. Released 3 bows (14-18" ) all on spoons(orange,red, natural) off 2 and 4 colors, dropped one a little better on a slide diver, chicken wing spoon. Released too many lakers to count, had to throw 1 in the box- couldn't revive(the hot flasher fly was black/white spinny -white fly, spoon was a purple/chartruese. I was looking for some nice bows & couldn't make it happen but hey it was a nice day out! Might be back Sunday but I'm having a hard time digging up a wheel man, AP still not functional...

Could not get anything to go this morning - pitched a shutout :@ Not what I was hoping for with my daughter tagging along for the first time, she didn't seem disappointed though ... not as much as me anyways.

Made up for it this afternoon with a pile of nice perch off the dock with the kids. Beautiful day to be out on the lake.

Had the youngest and his buddy out for a while Sunday.Cruised from Long Point to Deans, trolled Deans to the middle of the lake where the deep water ends. Not as much action as Friday. Couple smaller bows,some lakers- all on spoons,most fish hit on the sliders(rainbow,red/copper, and alewife) even the lakers out over 180'. One laker hit when we got into the scum and log drift out towards the middle and he had to wait in the net while I rescued the planers and the dipsies- so, he had to go home for the grill (marinate fillets w/ peppercorn ranch dressing, grill briefly and serve w/ fresh garden greens and biscuits- it's a home run!). The kids got distracted so we left early and got ice cream.