Anyone fishing around Brighton?

I'm new to the game and have been out 3 times with no luck, toured around Scotch Bonnet and marked a few bait balls but no fish, riggers around 45'. Also tried around Presquile area and seemed to mark lots of fish on the bottom at 55' but no biters. I was running 2 Spin Doctors with flies and 2 spoons... Suggestions? I'm 3 days new to this fun.

Thanks!

hi thanks for the info. I have not been out there yet but last year I had good luck for salmon at the end of june out of colborne. Trolling in 80 to 120 ft of water just off shore with dipseys and spoons with about 150-175 ft of line out we caught 3 salmon and lost another 3 or 4 more just 2 times out. Never had much luck out of brighton earlier in june when I was out. Might go out tomorrow or saturday and sunday. will let you know

Been out from Brighton 3 times . Most recently this am. Last 2 trips caught one rainbow each time . First off Colbourne , 90 ' of water on dipsy back 200' purple and silver spoon. Today off a rigger , 40' of water , down 30, blue ands silver spoon just west off the lighthouse. Tons of baitfish in 30 to 50 ' . Not much past that and very little out deep. Surface temp is 54 to 56 at 40'. Seems much colder that prior years and I think we need a hot spell to warm things up before the bonnet gets some real action.

Thanks for the info, I saw tons of bait west of lighthouse also, as I say, new to the game and help is appreciated. I've got a dock so getting out is easy this year. I'll keep updating as I get out more. The Bonnet was void of fish when I was there too. Lets keep this Brighton thread going!

Thanks!

Been out from Brighton 3 times . Most recently this am. Last 2 trips caught one rainbow each time . First off Colbourne , 90 ' of water on dipsy back 200' purple and silver spoon. Today off a rigger , 40' of water , down 30, blue ands silver spoon just west off the lighthouse. Tons of baitfish in 30 to 50 ' . Not much past that and very little out deep. Surface temp is 54 to 56 at 40'. Seems much colder that prior years and I think we need a hot spell to warm things up before the bonnet gets some real action.

Beyond Scotch Bonnet today (deep water 200++) we got 2-24"/28" rainbows on spoons. Green spoons with no flashers etc. We were way too deep and pulled the riggers up very shallow and got them right away.

Thanks for the info guys, did get out today but will be out tomorrow weather looks good so far. will let you know what I find, going to either put in at colborne or wellington. Got a 18 ft blue lund with 135 honda on the back if you see me say hi.

adam

• 3 weeks later...

After a really windy weekend I got out tonight on the lake, great weather. Boated 2 Steelhead (1 tiny and 1 large) both on mini dipsy's and green variation NK28's. No downrigger action at all. I figure they were about 20'down in 100->50 FOW.