Waves: (1-2 Footers

Surface Temp: 58

LAT/LONG: (GPS Cords)

===============

FISHING RESULTS

===============

Total Hits: 8

Total Boated: 5

Species Breakdown: (3 Kings, 2 steel heads)

Hot Lure: (Fuzzy Bear Buffalo Bill, Stinger Sunset set pink, Lemon Ice and Yellow Killer.

Trolling Speed: (2.5mph)

[

Boat Depth: 240 and 80

Lure Depth: 80 and the rest off of the boads 20' to 40' down

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Got out around 6:00 am on Friday and it was slow . We were marking fish during the slow troll but not takers in 80 until we got to 240 then things picked up. My son got a hit on the planer board dragging a buffalo bill. The steelie was airborne like a like tarpon busting out of the water. Half hour later the other planer goes under and it was a small king

that we released at 16". Another troll through and the real with lead core 10 colors and 50 yds out dragging a DW lemon ice and it was another small king at 16". Went back to camp for awhile. Came back out to 240' again to fish the evening from 4:00 to 9:00 and it was slow and the rigger down 80' with a NK yellow killer with no flasher, pops. I landed a 19" king. We threw all the kings back to grow some more.

zachsteelie061209.jpg

Saturday got a late start and it was slow and most people on the radio were echoing the same thing. We are back again in 240' dragging a the stinger SSP with the lead core rod. A big bang and the rod is double over and the line broke. It was like a seen in the movie jaws when he took the barrels under. We were waiting for the planer tp pop up near the boat. we were all laughing about it. Oh well there goes my OSP and Sunset Pink spoon, some big fish has taken it under water. I should have listened to everyone that 12lb LC was too light. A costly lesson learned. We ended up with nothing in the morning. Went out for a late afternoon/evening trip. We fished fron 6 to 10 and trolled from Mexico to the Mouth of the salmon and in 80 of water and fish all over the screen feeding. The right side planer is smashed and goes under. He almost spooled the reel. I was improvising with my ugly stick and pike reel. It worked though after a long nerve racking battle we finally netted the fish. That was it for the night. It turned out to be a decent weekend for us.

sethsteelie061309.jpg

This weekend I also picked up a set of "new to me" mag 10's and put them to use. I have been using my cannon easi trolls for 10+ years. Those electrics wont win any speed records but make things alot easier. I wish I would have switched over sooner.

newsetup2009.jpg

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff2/ ... up2009.jpg[/img][/url]

Thanks guys . I missed the good May bite that was going on because I chasing turkeys down here in Pa. Hopefully I can get up again before the month is over. If not I'll be back up for the holiday weekend. Maybe the thermal cline will be set up by then.

That guy holding the Bigger Steelie is not me for those who don't know me. It's my buddy's nephew. He caught the biggest salmon on my boat to date last year. Now he has the biggest steelie to date. He says I have to take him all the time now since whenever he's with me we catch fish. Kind of a good luck charm. I am afraid he's addicted now also.