Coated cable length for my Depth Raider

I just picked up some used Mag 10's. I run a Depth Raider and need to buy some coated cable. Marine general has 200' for $39.99 and 300' for $59.99. I am nost sure how far down the probe will be before it fails to send back a signal and secondly I don't think I would ever gtroll below 200' down for any reason. So is this a no brainer or would there be a perk to buying the extra 100' feet. I appreciate your feedback. Thanks

You really should ask cannon the extra cable may offset your depth counter thus hampering the ability to make your other riggers equally efficacious.

Call Cannon or BillyV he can and will get the answer for you.

CC

I only used my DR for one season. It's in excellent shape. Maybe I can just transfer on to my Mag 10s from my easi trolls. I have orginal 200'. That's what they ship you with the kit. Has anyone done the before and have no problems?

You should not have a problem doing that Chris. I have done it before with no issues. When it comes time to get new cable, get the longer length, so when your cable starts to loose the covering, you can just cut it and retie. JMHO.

Rich