downrigger weights.

I have 2 plastic covered bright yellow pancake 8# downriggers and a few black balls 6 and 8 pounds.

I mostly use the pancakes because they have less blowback,but I am wondering about the color.Would it be better to paint them black and maybe put a reflective scale pattern sticker on ,or is this just a waste of time?

Thank you for your thoughts and opinions.

Cornelis.

If you think it might work, try and see...

I was always a fan of plain lead colored weights...I dont want the fish to have any reason to swim away from my spread so I figured the dull grey of lead would be less spooky...

I know a person who has a laminated picture of a king, about 24 inch's long that he has bolted to his 12 pound black coated ball and we have torn kings apart on that rigger with short 10' leads as well...

Also, the Fish Doctor told me many years ago that if you fish lakers, paint your ball chartruese and it worked very well...

So, in summation you really cant go wrong with black or plain lead balls while say the chrome sharks or other bright colors will have me worried if fishing up-high, shallow water or when every streaker on the screen I see is going down and not up...