Where can I find this bracket?

I broke the band on the steering link from my main motor to trolling motor.

Does anyone know where I can buy just the metal band with connector for the main motor? I can find the kit, but they cost $300+, I'm hoping to just replace the broken part. Here are a few pics of it:

IMG_0238.jpg

IMG_0237.jpg

IMG_0236.jpg

Nick

Yup it's an easysteer. I'll need to find the number from them and give them a call, I was hoping someplace online may sell just that part... if not, I wonder if liquid nails would work ;)

Nick

Shellback,

Thanks for the offer, but I was hoping to find something a lot cheaper than $100.

I emailed EasySteer, we'll see what they say. If it comes back mucho $$, I'll start looking at other options (aka liquid nails or more hose clamps)

Even broken it worked OK last year as long as I kept the hose clamps tight. Every once in a while though in rough water they would come loose and I'd lose control of the kicker, would have to use the main instaed... was a pain in the butt.

Nick

Is it just the hose clamp type thing you need? I thought you needed the actual bracket that connecting link attaches to. I've seen the hose clamp type things attaching signs to posts, check a sign shop or maybe a Fastenal store. If it's the bracket, You might even be able to get a welding shop to repair yours by brazing.

Nick,

DO you have anyone in your area that can weld? I would take it to someone that can weld and have them weld a new up for you. Just a thought, it would be cheaper than buying a new one. I hope it warms up real soon, or we will be running to the bar. i will give you a call.

Rich

The boat is at my dad's place, but welding may not be a bad idea. Unfortunately I can only get up there on weekends, not sure if I'll be able to find someplace.

I wanted to fix the metal bracket piece, but if I can't do that in a cost effective manner, I'll probably just replace the hose clamps and try to see if they can hold it tight enough.

Nick

Bobs Boy Ive got one of those brackets.W/ clamps. What you got to trade? if I can get it to you.I forgot I had one. You fish out of Sodus . I could drop it off up there somewhere.Ill be up there this weekend and probably most weekends if the weather straightens out.

Just as an update.... I ordered the bracket from EZSteer. The people were very nice and for $50 or so I got the new bracket with the stainless hose clamps. It should be here in 7 days or so.

Nick