Legendary Wonder set automatic release for circular divers

My friends on the LOU site!

John Emory, the inventor and owner of Legendary Products of

Traverse City, Michigan has began shipping one of his best

inventions ever. The Legendary Wonder set has been shipped

to Fat Nancy's, and two pictures of The Wonder set can be seen

on there website http://www.FatNancystackle.com.

This device which I explained on some earlier posts on

tackle and techniques will make your divers fully automatic.

John will be shipping several more the end of next week to

several more stores and on-line tackle outfits.

The package will have most everything that is needed for the

conversions, and the other items needed are on hand already

by almost everyone. John is excited about his new invention.

and knows everyone will enjoy them when they follow the

instructions and run them properly.

Stay tuned

Mike C

Gill T,

The man that invented the Wonder set is the same same

man that invented Big Jon Downriggers, Otter Boat side

planers and over twenty other inventions.

The last time I saw a diver, I believe it was constructed

out of plastic?. Why don't you get one in your hands before

you pass judgement. Big Jon has the street cred with the

Great Lakes fishing community, his name is golden to me

and thousands of other fishermen.

Good fishing

Mike C

Mike,

I'm not trying to be a jerk here and please don't take offense, since you are obviously a big jon cheerleader, but quite honestly, IMO, Gill-T is right, from the picture it looks like a nickel's worth of cheap, easily broken, injection molded plastic. Don't take it so personally.

The diver may be plastic, but the arm that attaches to the line is metal.

Big Jon has SOME street cred with the Great Lakes Fishing community, but not unquestionable. I love their Rod Holders and have 6 of them on my boat, but I've never been at all impressed with their riggers. I don't buy for a second their marketing crap about how the flexible booms are superior and never will. Never liked the rocker switches on the electrics either. I've also seen, (and quite honestly, own) planer boards I like better than Otter Boats. Yes I have used Otter Boats before (On Gill-T's boat, by the way).

IMO they are just another company out there selling stuff, you can either like em or not, it's all personal preference, but to suggest that any idea John Emory comes up with is automatically golden is just silly.

Tim

TBromund,

Last post for me today as I am heading out for work.

Great that we all have interest in the same thing,

catching fish and enjoying the Great Lakes.

I have been fishing the Lake since the early 80's, and I

have seen allot of products come and go . I have some

Big Jon products on my boat, but I run Scotty downriggers.

John Emory sold Big Jon in the late 90's and started

Legendary with his elberta clipper stacker, smartfish

flasher and several other items that can be found on

the Legendary website.

I passed the information on about the Wonder Set on the LOU

website as I have been field testing along with some

other people for over three months.

Over five years work has gone into perfecting the Wonder Set,

and over three summers field testing by John.

I know for a fact, that he tested over 54 differant springs and

dozens of trip arms. John found that the plastic arm he came up

with works best for strength and duribility. Everything else is stainless steel

including the custom made spring.

I am not on the Legendary payroll, I just fish.

I do know a better mousetrap when I see one.

Before you pass judgement, give one a try, or just enjoy the

fishery with what you already have on your boat.

Good safe fishing to both of you

Mike C

Easy on Mike guys. He is just trying to inform you of a product we have been testing over the past few months. There has been a lot of interest in this from tackle shops on the East end when they were shown how it runs in the water. This is actually an underwater video of it on youtube with a SmartFish behind it. I think the concept is great and I love changing the depth of your diver without tripping the mechanism. Like I said, give Ol' Mike a break. He's just trying to help out a friend.

Rich,

Don't get me wrong, I think the CONCEPT is great too, I just don't trust anything made out of plastic to hold up to the stresses that something like a Diver release machanism will undergo.

I wasn't trying to beat up on him, just agreed with Chad's comment. I do get annoyed with blatant cheerleading and just automatically suspect the motives of the cheerleader, because 9 times out of 10 then have an interest in the product/service/etc thay are shilling. My apologies to Mike if (as it appears) that's not the case here.

Is June over yet? :)

Tim

Back on topic, could someone post a direct link to the picture of the plastic thingy? I could not find it on the site.

Thanks,

CC

Carl, it was right on Fat Nancy's home page earlier today, but I don't see it now.

Tim

Ok...I don't see how a little spring, has got the tension enough to do the job. Especially when there is three to five footers yanking and tugging on the diver. Hope somebody (me) will try it and see what the "hey". Just looks strange... and what keeps the plastic thingy from tripping over under "pressure"?

The purpose of the spring is to give a jigging action to the diver. Which in turn would give your lure a little more action.

Trust me, I tried to pull the plastic thing all the way, and I couldn't get it to go.

Why couldn't you just attach a spring to the existing SS post and open the clamp adjustment all the way up?

Years ago we would do the same thing with rubberbands when the clamp would brake or strip we would widdle a notch in the back fin of the diver and half hitch it to the post. Never thought of it as a reset diver but......I guess it was.

CC

• 3 weeks later...
Rich,

I do get annoyed with blatant cheerleading and just automatically suspect the motives of the cheerleader, because 9 times out of 10 then have an interest in the product/service/etc thay are shilling.

Tim

I had my doubts....But ran one on the down and out......It came back with a salmon stuck to it! :clap: So far so good. It sold the salmon, held up, and repeated itself! It's NOT the magic answer to all our problems.. :lol: But earned a spot in my daily spread for sure.

So someone comes up to me and tells me a story about this Wonder Set. They were fighting a fish that took the diver rigged with the Wonder Set this week. They feel the fish come unbuttoned, so they put the rod back in the rod holder becasue they had reeled in just about enough line to get it back to where it was originally set. As soon as it got back in the holder it started screaming line off again. Once they boated the fish they noticed the treble hook was missing in Tom's tournament tie. If it wasn't for the Wonder set they would have missed the second fish becasue they would have had that rig out of the water.

A fish story from Mike C out of Oswego from

yesterday 13-July-2009.

I was fishing west of Oswego in 150-180 feet of water with

a few other charter boats. I only had one customer on the

boat along with my mate. I received a call from Hat Trick and

he said he hit a nice king 121feet down on a green echip and green

fly. We immediately set my#1 rigger at the same number, and it

fired right away with a green dot glow smart fish set at 11:30.

At the same time my port diver rod came to life with 360 feet of

wire set at #1 with a green echip and a A-Tom-Mik hypnotist fly

25" behind the flasher. My mate said the counter ran out to over

400 feet, and he gained line to about 350 feet and he said he

felt a head shake and the fish was gone.

He continued to reel in the wonder set, and it reset when he

lifted the rod straight up. The counter now read 300 feet and

another salmon smashed the rig, and we were hooked up on

the same wonder set as it had reset as advertized.

After about fifthteen minutes we boxed the diver fish.

Removing the hook, we found that the first salmon bite off the

treble and the red stinger hook that Tom Allen has above the

treble firmly caught the second salmon a nice 22lb fish.

The wonder set did it's job, and Hat Trick told me that has

happened twice to him already.

The second Captain on Hat Trick was a team member aboard

TK who won the Oswego Pro AM.

TK said that he probably would not have won the tournament

if it was not for The Legendary wonder set.

Myself and these two other boats have had great success with

the wonder set diver, and I am just sharing my good fortune

with my fellow anglers.

Good fishing

Mike C

Oswego

I am in the market for a new Dipsey. I lost one to a violent hit on the rod when it doubled over and went limp over the past holiday weekend. I must had a kink in the wire, drag too tight or something, but anyway for the price it's worth a try . You see all kind of gimmicks on these infomercials for fish catching gimmicks that rarely work. It seems like there are few positive testimonials on this thread. Why not give it a shot. I'm picking one up next time I'm in town. Time will tell if they will hold up or not. If not throw it in the pile with the banjo minnows.

I am in the market for a new Dipsey. I lost one to a violent hit on the rod when it doubled over and went limp over the past holiday weekend. I must had a kink in the wire, drag too tight or something, but anyway for the price it's worth a try . You see all kind of gimmicks on these infomercials for fish catching gimmicks that rarely work. It seems like there are few positive testimonials on this thread. Why not give it a shot. I'm picking one up next time I'm in town. Time will tell if they will hold up or not. If not throw it in the pile with the banjo minnows.

Buy Two ! they are small and cheap....

:yes:

I do believe they had a few complete units for sale at the counter of Fat Nancys a few weeks ago. They were not in the orginal packaging, I think they were asking 19.99 for those at the time. Not sure if it was just a few samples from the comapny or some they had rigged up themsleves. They were made using the Luhr Jensen's not the Walkers version.