Chrome faceted Shark or paint it black?

I was over on spoonpullers and saw a discussion about shark weights, a post mentioned after painting a

chrome shark black, his catch rate improved. Is the chrome shark too flashy at times especially if fish are neutral or negative? Also my main fishing location is Canandaigua Lake. If I used black spray paint on the chrome I figure I could steel wool off the paint if I didn't like it, but that would also buff the chrome shine also.

FLXT, I don't know about Candg. Lake but on the big O, you couldn't pay me to paint my shark black, even though my other rigger has a black one. The chrome side has taken significantly more and bigger kings. I think it is all chance, but I have no reason to experiment. Tank

I have chrome faceted, gold faceted, black faceted, and just plain old black Sharks. After giving all of them equal down time I painted every single one of them black. Personally I didn't find a bit of difference when Salmon fishing. I just like to have them all the same color...same as my Deeper Divers...BLACK!

BTW, I scuffed my gold & chrome Sharks up before I painted them and the paint hasn't stuck very well.