Hello, When in you don't know, ask a pro! I have a boat and two little boys 6 & 7 years old. We are looking for a good place to perch & bass fish. Braddock's bay is our launching location. I like catching bass but the perch will keep the boy's attention. I have never caught a walleye that wold be fun. I have heard the are a great eating fish? Any advice on location and technique would be greatly appreciated. :)

Thank You,

Ken

Good to see you getting the young ones into it early! I hope that I'm understanding your question-I assume that you're looking for information on Braddocks? Braddocks is fine fishing on occassion, though I've not caught a walleye there. Perch swarm the bays in March/April and can be caught on a minnow under a bobber, for the most part. The big guys will scatter a bit and move back to the lake as the year wears on, then reappear in the fall. The channels in the back of the bay have undercut banks and are loaded with pike; a spinnerbait cast several inches off the weedline will attract attention...though this may be too much to ask for the youngsters. And there are bass galore and a whole lot more (by which I mean those prehistoric monstrosities bowfin) that will hit a topwater lure or a Senko.

I have a seven year old girl myself and I know the attention span:) It seems that she really wants to do everything herself, and watching a bobber for hours isn't that enthralling unless it's gangbusters catching. I'd chose my times carefully, let them handle the rods, maybe cast a topwater plug so they're doing something, and when that big bass hits...kaboom, they're hooked for life. The area between the Marina and point on the East side is as good as any. Have them cast near the weedlines. Good luck!

Gator