6/20 and 6/21

Launched out of Sandy Pond Saturday morning and ran out to 130 feet to try steelhead action. Hooked into first fish at 160 fow down 40 on a green flasher and blue fly. 7lb brown. Drifted all the way out to 220 fow. Caught fish at 180 and 210. A coho on a green/silver spoon and a steelhead on a blue/silver spoon. Both about 6 lbs.

Sunday launched at 5 am and set up in 160 ft of water and drifted out to 250 ft. Only fish we caught was a 17 inch king on a blue/siver spoon. Not big enough to trip the release. Found him when changing lures. Must not have been there long, still alive and feisty when we brought him to the boat. Tried running in to less than 80 ft and hooked a fish ? on a blue/silver spoon but lost it after 10 seconds. Nice weekend to be on the water.

Bob

Things are still very scattered. Only went up to bring my boat for a new canvas top and drop down. Decided to fish since we drove four hours, might as well make a weekend out of it. We caught the brown in 160 ft of water. That was a surprise. I think with a couple of weeks of warm stable weather the fishing should greatly improve.

Bob

I also ran out of Sandy Pond very early saturday. It was still dark as I was going thru the channel. Put down at 100FOW. Put one down to 42 ft, was putting the second one down, the first was sreaming. 6 lb acrobatic steelhead. After fully setting up, trolled to 150 FOW without a release. Trolled back to 111 and had a double with 3-4 lb browns. Trolled a few more hours with only one more small brown. Not much of a morning. Tried in front of the Salmon early Sunday, but only one small steelhead. Not much boats out saturday or sunday near the pond. Only saw one boat coming out a bit after me. was probably "Bob Pugh". Hopefully the kings will be moving this way soon.

LRG 355

boat name "DESPERADO"

23 sportcraft- blue trim - blue top