Clayton SM Bass 6/20-6/23

Bass fishing is great in the Islands right now! We limited out everyday w/ no problem. 90% of the smallmouths were over 12" and the average size was around 15". I caught my personal best at 20" on a drop shot rig. It was 5.6lbs and had a girth of 15 3/4". :) We used drop shot rigs, bass minnows and trolling hot-n-tots in about 15'-30fow. Some of the fish had eggs in them and my big one had a semi digested goby in it's mouth.

The perch fishing is also great. Up to 13" was the biggest. You could catch them on anything. We even caught 25 between 9 and 13" while trolling for smallmouth one morning.

Good luck if you go!

89236270.th.jpg

73655028.th.jpg

Congrats on your pb. I ust got home 7 hours driving yuk. We stayed in Mils cottages and yes the small mouth fishing was real good up there. My group copied what you did. We also targeted pike and got my best Pike of 30 inches out front of French Creek and my firt Walleye 26.5 inches in front of Watch Island. I do love it up there

Hey Scott we were next door to your Dad in cottage 3. I saw your email address and went checking your dad gave me a business card I thought it looked familiar. I was in my buddies 16 john boat. The one that looks like hell but darn that thing can catch fish.

Daker we fished for the walleye twice and got 3 total. Alan the cottage owner said he had a guy catch one last week also. There were also 4 Musky caught this spring according to Alan. We had one at 46 inches caught up in Spicer Bay and destroyed a Rapala. Broke both treble hooks bent the bill and bent the holder to the treble. Two walleye came off trolling J7 and J9 rapalas circling Bluff Island in charcoal color. The third came jigging a 1 ounce white and pink jjig with an orange shad body for a trailer right in front of Watch Island in about 22 ft of water

We hammered the smallmouth pretty good in Cape Vincent over the weekend. Same thing, 90% keepers and mostly in the 14-17" range. Had a ball. It seams least where we are up there that the bass fishing had been terrible for 6 years or so but last year it shined a bit and this year was amazing. It was like my childhood all over again. Most of the bass where caught in less than 20' and really didn't have too much luck deeper.

Fishing the river mostly round Carelton and US shore flats infront of Burnham Point, there is a long shelf 12-16 down to 30's a between the south shore and carleton that didn't produce, came in and hit them. I heard the lake was producing at tibbets by didn't want to take the ride. I was casting crankbaits, black and gray but most the bass where caught drifting plastic twister (watermellon and black) with a spinner.