Smelt

Do you all dip smelt in Lake Ontario? I live on the eastern side if anyone has any info in it.

I used to do this when I lived in Wisconsin, many beach fires, many beers and tons of smelt when the run was on, when it was not we still had the beers.

Big Fisherman, I diped smelt at the Salmon river years ago.To manny beer cans and bottles on the beach, wood torn off camp for fires. Last I knew when they built the break wall they closed the mouth of the river to shore fisherman. Check it out I maybe wrong. Check Dec, regs. you can only take a small pail ,maybe 10qts. Good luck.

I went smelting last night on the Niagara. Netted 3 over three hours (11-2). Water temp is a bit low on my end of the lake. I usually wait until the river gets up to around 39-40 degrees. They should come in after the next good rain or a week or so of good weather. Last year at this time they were in thick.

• 3 weeks later...
4.99 lb fer smelt at wegmans couple bucks for beer watch tv and in bed by 11 o clock, boy i must be getting old .......

i feel the same way about turkey hunting. 59 cents a pound at price chopper :lol:

billybono

No way billy, not only is turkey hunting a whole lot of fun, there is a world of difference between the taste of a wild turkey and a commercially raised one.

May is always a tough time for me, trying to decide between the spring king fishing here on the west end and turkey hunting. Turkey hunting is one of my favorites, much rather do that than deer.

Tim

Guest ReelDiel

May is always a tough time for me, trying to decide between the spring king fishing here on the west end and turkey hunting.

Tim

:shock:

Oh no TIM-SON you are taking the path of the lost.....you must come back to the fishing asylum so we can straighten you out!!!!

bangin.gif

The guys on the Finger lakes got it made,hunt turkey in the morning and fish all afternoon and maybe go after Eyes before dark. I'll be down in Hector tues.morning fore birds and I think I'll bring the boat and hit Seneca after lunch. Hey Ray, is the Glen the best place to put the boat in? Mike.

Started my turkey fix this morning in PA. Some guy saw to scaring the 6 different birds I had comming in. Then I had to shoot a coyote that thought I was dinner. Going to given heck in NY on tuesday and then if I can find a fishing partner, it back to hughs or sodus on wednesday.

Good luck to y'all,

RY