Cut bait reports ?

I picked up a sample pack from Capt. Cove and ran it once for an hour last week. It seemed to hold up pretty good but had a hard time getting it into the bait heads. Had to squeeze the flat end to get it into it.

I also want to find out what is out there for substitute for Rhy Davies cut herring. The Fish-On strips are now being used. Is a special bait head needed? One can only hope it holds up for at leaset an hour on the head, and it carries a smell the salmon like. If anyone hears about feedback of users of it please tell us about it.

thnaks. Be safe.

Taddeo Taddeo Taddeo

Im not sure who that someone is your talking about but he sounds like a real A hole for standing you up..... :smirk:

Id like to hear some reports of people that are using it?! I will post up any action I have with it for sure.

• 4 weeks later...

Ive used the new salted cutbait strips the last couple of weekends.Its been smokin......

Cutbait for me has been a love hate relationship. I hate the smell I hate the slower troll but if there are some big salmon around

I learned a little trick Wet your hands before you handle it and the smell rinses right off. They are a little thick . You have to squeeze

em down to fit some of my heads.

The stuff fresh out of the pack is very durable.good for several fish.But once its frooze its only good for about one fish.

seems to get soft and mealy after freezing. I saved some I ran. and froze it and it still caught fish.

I ordered four packs a couple weeks ago. It was delivered to my door . This week Im ordering six....

Im going to try to just refrigerating it and not freez it .See how it keeps.

There aint nothing like a hit on a wire rod pullin meat....

We used the new cut bait during the east pro/ams and it's been real hot. I have one 10 inch spinny that kept firing so to add another rig i took a 8 inch spinny switched the tail snap over to the other side and kept the normal lead and both accounted for atleast 3 to 4 fish a day while going 2.4 mph at the ball. All of the wire btw

I used it a few weeks ago but did not catch a fish on it. It fit and held for a long time in a ProTroll rotary bait holder. Let you know how it holds up for the second time out of the freezer, otherwise pieces are going on the hooks of my flies.