Quick trip - Braddock Bay - 6/28

I headed out with my ol' man and girlfriend around 7:30am and we fished till 10am. We started in tight looking for some Brown Trout, but the water was too warm. So, we slowly trolled North looking for that temp break and the Browns, but it just didn't show up. Once we hit 160' of water the center rigger started throbbing, so my girlfriend grabs the rod and fights a nice 5-6lb Steelhead to the net. It took a sliding cheater on a 60' rigger pulling a Dreamweaver SS Glow Froggy w/ a silver cup. Things were slow this morning with a bleak screen. However 160' seemed to be holding the most fish. I switched up one of the 5 colors to a 10 color with that Stinger Copper Confusion from Thursday evening. it wasn't in the water for 10 minutes and the rod was loaded with something heavy. That lasted about 10 seconds as the mono between the core and braid snapped. That spoon has had a lot of attention from the fish in the last two trips. About 9:30 I hear a rigger start screaming and I look up and it is the corner rigger I just changed up. I had it parked at 80' with a free slider. Both lures were Stinger Copper Glow Green Alewives. We boated a healthy teenage Salmon.This fish took the slider, and in my opinion was out of the comfort zone for Salmon considering my 60' rigger was reading 55 degrees.

I could make a joke here about your girlfriend grabbing the throbbing rod running down the chute....but that would be too easy and I am a gentleman (not really).

Seems like last year the salmon were way up out of temp, too. Is there some new invasive that's responsible? I saw fleas off Braddocks Sunday morning...do they move through the water column like the Mysis shrimip out West? Maybe attract baitfish higher up, with a chain effect?

With the "way deep" fishing we hear so much about and the warm water salmon that we've seen, who has time to fish preferred temps anymore :)

Gator