OPTIONS

Chaos, the best thing to do is for electric "Supply" charges, is to check your present bill for how much you're getting charged P/KwH, then compare it to how much other companies are charging. Keep in mind, some companies are charging a reduced price as a promotion and the price will go up after the promotion period ends. The other charges you see on your bill will probably remain the same whatever company you choose. So the key words for electric is "Supply Charges" and "P/KwH".

For Natural Gas, check how much is the "Delivery Charge P/Therm".

Hope this helps.

I'll try to help, just keep in mind that this is my opinion! I'm Stingers (alias 195) fishing partner so I thought I might try to help seeing that Stinger didn't!!!!

If you're the type of consumer that is on a fixed monthly budget, I suggest a fixed rate. That is the easiest way to shop for the best rate. The NYSEG web page lists the various companies.

However, most high end users of electricity choose the variable rate simply because over time there are significant savings.

I'm chosing the variable rate and staying with NYSEG anticipating that they will be able to purchase generation at a reasonable cost because of the volume of customers that they serve.

Keep in mind that delivery charges will stay the same you're only shopping for generation!

I suggest keeping track of the kilowatt hours that you used in 2006 and comparing the costs in 2007.

I hope I helped