Canandaigua 6/27 & 6/28

After a late start Saturday, my wife & I & Angus fished the south end starting on east side around 11:00 am working our way north, blank screen. She was sunning on the aft deck so I just ran 2 wire rods. We trolled west and as we were getting to around 140' the starboard wire rod fired bouncing around like crazy. Bonnie took the wheel and steered us south as I brought the fish in. A nice 3 lb bow took away the skunky smell from the boat. Black dipsy with a A Tom Mik green hammer and Church green attractor on a 3 setting 210' out. We weren't trying real hard but I was glad to put a fish on ice.

I am not sure of the exact location but there is a boat house with shamrock on it, and also nearby is a really cool boat that looks like a trawler/ tugboat.

100_0377.jpg

100_0379.jpg

100_0380-1-1-1.jpg

Sunday I had a newbie on board and we left the dock at 6:00 am so I figured my luck would change. This Naples resident gave me a nice Suttons Spoon hat and a Suttons 44 (hammered) which I immediately put on the port rigger with the chrome shark. We motored up to the trawler and I set the gear while Bob drove the boat. Just as I set the last wire rod that Suttons 44 released, and we picked up our first fish, a 3lb laker which Bob did a good job reeling in. I switched the other rigger to another Suttons 44 and slider with a Suttons 22, and sent my gift 44 and and smooth 44 as a slider. So our riggers were set at 50' and 60'. The 60' rigger with 7' lead off the shark weight was the one that fired however we couldn't get any other takers and the screen was blank. We ran all the way up to the north end found some more boats as well as some hooks and huge bait balls. We kept up the Suttons program on the riggers and once again that 44 on the chrome shark fired this time a 15" laker which I released. I ran flashers and flies on the wires trying all the colors combos, and ran some spoons too off the dipsies but no action. I put out the copper rig out 400' with mtn dew spinny and hammer fly and I think the copper line hit a fish or a submerged weed ball around 75' from the leader. The rod looked like we took a hit but stopped so I left it out and when I reeled in there was a loop sort of like a kink but not more like a pretzel.

100_0382.jpg