Total Boated: 3

Species Breakdown:all browns

Hot Lure: nbk only

Trolling Speed:

Down Speed: 2.1mph

Boat Depth: 50'

Lure Depth: 35'

====================

Well started out I was putting my new to me boat in a slip at Salmon Country Marina. Bought a 1988 23' Baha Cruiser and finally got it to the water. On tuesday launched at about 2:30pm and as I am heading out thru the river some boats are heading in seems strange but ok. Starts to rain and radio says strong storms in Herkamer so I keep going. Needless to say it poured then thunder and lightning and haul ass back to the new slip. Today left dock at 6:00am and headed out to beautiful calm day with maybe 1 footers. Set up a couple of downriggers with glow frog and nbk. Fishfinder looks like a desert so I figure nothing here because of storm. My son is driving and I decide to try all my new gadgets so out goes a planner board as I am getting myself untangled from the lines of planner board and downrigger nbk rigger fires and my son says Dad I say WHAT he says fish and I say get it not believing him then in comes a 5lb brown. Get all set back up and troll around a while to no avail and decide to head back to where we caught the brown imagine just as we hit about 5' from first brown another hits and I land another 5lb brown. We fish til 9:00am and head in as we have to drive back to Vermont so my son can go to work. 5 hits 3- 5lb browns landed all within 20' of each other and all on nbk spoon. Thanks to all the info I got on this site and from charter captains that have taken me out I have learned a few basics I guess.

Thanks for all your help PJ

====================

(add pictures and any other details not captured above here)

Hey PJ, it doesnt get any better than putting a glow frog and NBK out as your first choices..your a natural...have fun!! Tank

Congrats on the browns. If I was only able to choose one lure to use it would be the NBK with Monkey puke being a close second. I am headed up tomorrow will be fishing same area. I'll be sure to try 50' of water. Last weekend they just seemed scattered. All the debris in the water didn't help much either. Not sure if you had to deal with all the plastic bags, ballon and junk that was in the bay last weekend. It was not fun.