5/3/09 waneta musky

my brother, dad and i went to waneta today in search of musky. we casted the weeds for a while with no luck so we decided to troll the middle. only after about 5 min i had a hit on a perch colored rapala super shad rap. i fought him for about 1 min then he tail danced and spit the hook. It looked to be 40+. grrr. after another 5 min and my brother hooked into a musky. The other line got wraped around the line it was on so we had to cut the line that was wraped around and i told my dad to cut a piece of line and it ended up being the line with the fish on it. So i hand over hand pulled the musky in and it was 30" exactly. That was the only action all day and it was between 10:00-10:30. it was a great trip for our first time musky fishing

101_1458.jpg

welp did`nt do so good....got there last night to find out the redcross tourney started on sat.,got little sleep,no fish,motor broke down @ the north end and got towed by a jet ski(nice guy,let me use his tools to no avail)pulling out of lot(where they jammed a vehicle and trailer into any nook and or cranny)caught a trailer corner down side of truck pulling out(NICE!!-just bought it)`cause the nice guy who parked soooo close did`nt leave me a can opener-guess i should`ve looked a little closer!should`ve pulled out farther-that probably would have been a good idea as well.Still the same.NUTS!!!drive home was better...did`nt get into an accident!FYI....i was informed by tourney players that they INCLUDED musky to their tourney.Yup..you guessed it,they have to be removed for weigh in!I`m gonna look into this some more to validate it-true or not :@ .We`ll see how was your day?

cya

Bob

Sadly Bob, it looks to be true...reelingforrelief.org. as of now, 1 skee about 36" or so has been taken. since theres no weigh in on waneta its pretty clearly a harvest tourney, even for muskies.

...that would explain why the launch was so packed. drove by it on our way home from Glenora today (wedding at the hotel there last night) and yes it sure was like sardines backed in there along the road. sorry to hear about the truck.

Thought today would be a good day to be on the water ahead of the front, but 1 fish in the Tx doesn't sound that great. guess thats a good thing for the fish though! :clap: