Cayuga - 07/03

On the water by 0600 hours with a buddy and my 4 year old daughter Maggie. Fishing the Rocky Dock/Sheldrake area we managed one small laker by 0630 which is when Maggie decides she's ready to go back to bed :* Thankfully we were staying at the wife's aunt's place right there - on the dock and back into bed by 0645.

We cruise over to Milliken and proceed to triple up on two lakers (average) and a real nice salmon, appx #5. Salmon hit a MI Stinger watermelon slider, 38' rigger over 90 fow. Lakers came on MI Stinger "nuclear green" down 70' and dodger/fly out 180 on wire diver.

Had to drop buddy off on the dock at 1000 and picked up brother in-law. Told him I had "secret information" about this spot just north (i.e. pic of Rusty Rat & 14# laker :beer::yes: ). He's not on the boat 10 minutes and we're tripled up again, wire diver and two lakers on the same rod - slider & down spoon.

By 1230 we've picked up another 4 or 5 fish including another LLS that was probably pushing 6lbs. All in all I think we boated 13 or 14. Only camera I had was a disposable type so no pic's just yet.

FLEAS :devil::devil::no:

I fished on friday as well but couldn't keep the weeds off my setups! We hooked 3 fish but lost the due to the weeds. Did anyone else encounter this same problem? Nice fish, wish I was on the boat with you!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

We launched at tunkanhock headed south to the yacht club with no marks. Came back north to the bs camp no marks and little weeds. We headed to the east shore and found lots of marks and lots of weeds! Been to cayuga 4 times this year and only boated 1 fish. I was running 2 downriggers and 2 dipsy rigs. I did well last year but getting skunked this year

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

we lauanched out taughannock yesterday after noon as well really busyHeaded for the east side Marked a lot of fish and bait in the 75 to 90 fow. Lots of weeds and firework garbage, fleas :@ along with pleasure boaters some of which came pretty close with out slowing down :( Landed a laker around four pounds and then lost a good one in front of miliken. Went over to the west side by the BS camp and jigged sawbellies with nothing to go Slow day but a nice afternoon to be on the lake

i did the same troll yesterday Justin. I launched from myers, up to AES(miliken)over to the west side down to taughannock. I got 4 lakers, but all were small. The largest was about 22", they were all released. I had a good hit in front of AES, had the line screaming off the reel off a dipsey with a dodger/spoon. I got it out of the rod holder and it was gone. 3 out of 4 lakers were on sutton 88's and one on a black/purple southport slammer. I couldn't seem to find the big ones.