LAST ROD - REEL COMBO LEFT TO FILL WHAT TO GO WITH?

9' MEDIUM ROD

CABELA'S DMG45 LINECOUNTER REEL

CAPABLE OF - 580/20, 430/25, 330/30

I HAVE 4 WIRE RODS

6-7-10 COLOR CORES

WHAT TO FILL THIS LAST REEL WITH?

COPPER-WIRE-LEAD???

WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

Hi Chris that reel is about the size of a Penn 330. 200 hundred feet of 45 lb copper would fit on that very nice with power pro backer. Would be a very nice setup for spring to early summer kings and browns. Add a church board and you have a rig away from the boat and not in your way.

DO NOT TRY THIS ON FALL KINGS. Way to much work with a j plug or e chip :lol:

Dave B

I have the same thing except a 30. Plan on using it for a dipsy rod with braid.

Had no problems with the cabelas trolling rod and reel combos, plus cabelas

has ems/fire/police discount nites. We got the depthmaster trolling combo for

$20.99. Thinking about a wire rod set up next, do you need the rollers on the rod? and the tip?

Chris, I'm not sure with that reel how much backing you can get on. I would guess you would be around 200 to 250 yards. I use 50 lb Power pro for backing I just hate to lose copper. It also make's a real cool sound when it breaks. I've caught bottom and a couple of boats no big deal. Just hold on real tight!!

Dave

Don't know if they offer it online, we have Cabelas about 40 minutes from us ( Hamburg,pa) They fax us dates when they run it, about quarterly.

I give Cabelas many props for offering it. Most of the fire depts are volunteers running them. As far as the wife, tell her you are going to buy a couple of lures--hide the rest....

Id try about 45 ft of gutter heat tape just enuf to keep the ice off your boat so she dont go top heavy :? cant say were not doing are part to help keep gas prices at a alltime low by reducing our consumption seeing the country was side tracked with the story of the century ANNA SMITH the prices just sorta crepped up without a peep ,,,what the he%% are we gonna do if the wind blows this summer near the keys better keep this low key if we all vented at the same time we would crash the server ,,,,,,,hey i got it virtual fishing well all pitch in for gas load up 1 boat with riggs and cameras maybe a couple chaser camera boats ,heck we could have one on each lake ,offshore,tarpon,shark ,tuna ,heck yankee we could even have one catching BASS naaaaaaaaaaaaaaa that would be streaching it :lol: just click on where we want to be with one of those headsets thingies grab our rods and have fun in our favorate chair hmmmmmm that could be taken wrong :$ snow blower 27gal,boat 3gal