Trout-N-About Report at Sandy Creek 7/5

Hi All.. tough fishing out there today. Our day started out with some mishaps... lost subtroll probe and downrigger ball.. so if you see something funny on the bottom at 160fow straight out of Sandy... THATS MY PROBE AND BALL! :D

But the day ended well with a King weighing in at 24lbs 7ozs that gave Jax quite the fight behind the boat and around everything. JAX, Great job landing that fish!! :clap:

We also need to thank everyone who was out today for all their kind consideration and help in providing us with down temp and and GPS speeds. It was truly appreciated ! :yes:

We were 3 for 5 . Best depth was 300-380, most bites were approx 105 down w/ 118 feet of cable out on black and silver stingrays. Our toughest day in the last week or so. We had some excellent fishing out of Sandy with mix catches of steelhead, kings and browns all week. In 65-95 fow or offshore in 280 to 380fow.

Here are a couple pics from earlier in the week.

And of course, Jax w/ his monster which is currently in 4th place in the summer LOC.

96550054.jpg

34040110.jpg

14519016.jpg

Tank,

If Jay was fishing 118 down over 300-380 fow, wouldn't that be similar to fishing 30 down over 100 fow? Jay just keeps the rigger/depth of water ratio the same (3/10 for this situation) and he's good.

I guess you and I were wrong after all.

Just bustin chops like always. Congrats Jay and Jax. Nice fish.