Oak Fishing Tournaments

Bob,

Thanks for your response good luck with your derby. I did find it interesting that you mention Orleans County. If that's Orleans County stance then why in their derby in August do they allow boats all the way to Braddocks Bay to enter. Guess our moneys good with them. On another note during the August one day tournament last year at least 5 boats from Sandy were entered that I know of. In fact Gambler won that day, maybe the real truth is the Oak guys are worried the Sandy guys will kick their butts.

Guess us poor Sandy guys will have to get our own derby together. ScottB I saw you volunteered to talk to Bruce. I'm in and if you need help with it let me know.

Their were 6 or 7 of us in that august derby. I think we took most if not all the $. Bob, I'm not sure where your getting your facts from but, this looks like a done deal anyways. That's alright.

Keith, I already have the ball rolling w/ rob and gary so far. I have ideas also about raffles for $ and hopefully sponsor prizes for at the weigh-in. PM me your phone # and I'll run it by ya and see what you think. I'm sure if a few of us pitch in with the details we can have a good turn out and a good time.

Bob, no big deal, you do a lot for the fishery that we take part in anyways.

Again anyone is welcome to fish it and they can fish anywhere on the lake as long as they leave and return to the Oak by water.

Orleans county does not run the Derby the Rotary does what they do is up to them.

Orleans county does not run this event either.

I am sure we will have a number of great event as I am sure you will.

Good Luck.

Trout-N-About Charter AND Guide Service sends their charter fishing clients to Oak Orchard for lodging and meals and orleans county business. In fact, if Oak Orchard is so interested in taking care of their own, then why were charter fishing and guide businesses (because I am sure I was not the only one) solicited to be in YOUR area business guide?

I am currently referred guide business as well as charter business by 3 different Orleans County businesses. And all they ask of me is to refer business to them for wader rentals, gear, loding and meals. I see Sandy Creek and Oak Orchard as sister fisheries with business structure that supports the other regardless of the county of origin.

I can go to Gander Mt even order direct from Distributors, but I choose to select Orleans County businesses... Why, because they stand for the American small business.

P.S. Sandy Creek does not have the business structure to support client lodging, fishing licenses and wader rentals. Since the Oak is just a stones -throw away, all of these needs are meet by ORLEANS COUNTY BUSINESSES!

Respectfully,

Jason & Tricia

more sandy guys spending money over there ! ur thoery of income has falling apart , we have proven are selfs agian ! can you try and get us in as loyal spenders to the county , im sure theres more of us sitting in there dark that spend and that just are not asking for ur help on this on a profesional level and as a brother LOU member . J ROSS

I too want to see Sandy Creek back on the list. When we drove to Oak Orchard to weigh in, we ate at one of the restuarants at one of the marinas, and shopped at Captians Cove and Narby's. If we were not able to fish this derby, the money would have been spent elsewhere. The derbys last season would not have made it without the Sandy guys contirbuting. The first 2 had only 16 boats. The one in August had 5 boats from Sandy. 11 Boats = small payout and lack of intrest. I think the real reason Sandy in not included is the promotion Sandy is getting over Oak Orchard. The top 2 places in the August tourney last season came from Sandy Creek (Me and Thompson Contender not a good promo for the fishing at Oak Orchard).

After rereading this, I was thinking. Last season a percentage went to the Oak Orchard pen rearing project (10% I believe). Why would you not want more money for you pen projects?

Wow! I leave for two weeks and look what gets stirred up!

Bottom line is that anybody can hold and run a tournament anyway they want...might not make fiscal or common sense (ie only boats with blue bottom paint can enter), but it's still true.

We're all just working toward bettering the fishery; let's save the antagonism for the unbelievers (the antis).

I'm all over a Sandy tournament...I know I'm throwing away money, given my limited skill set, but I'm in!

Gator

We have and did think about it carefully again as I said before:

Will, you buy gas at Lake Breeze, eat lunch at 4C's, eat breakfast at the Lighthouse, have a beer at the BNI? Fishing from the Oak the chances of this happening increase since they all have a stake in this not just Narby's and Captains cove.

Funny, the Orleans County Rotary derby is not limited to Orleans county. The people that fish the Rotary derby from Monroe and Niagara county are not spending any money in Oak Orchard getting gas, food and beer. Yet the boarders of the derby are the Niagara River to the Genesee.

If it wasn't for monroe and niagara that derby would be dead. I for one am glad it's around.

This condor derby thing makes no sense at all for obvious reasons. I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. We are currently coming up w/ some great ideas for a Sandy tourney next year. Bruce isn't ready to have it at the marina yet. If you guys want to do something small when most of us are on the water, we can. Send me some responses. ( big fish- $20/ boat)