Need advice on western Lk Ontario - where for day of Kings?

BillO here asking for your help

Hi guys,

I'm new to this site... looks good here for Lk Ont info and help. :yes:

I've been downrigging since I got my 1986 20ft Rinker in 1992. Been downrigging on Lk Erie (central basin - mainly Port Glasgow and Erieau.)

Well, I fished out of Port Credit once many yrs ago - heard it's almost dead, and wish to possibly get up to the other side of Toronto for one day during the last two weeks of July.

hhmmm - where to go? I have heard Darlington has a great ramp & great fishing for Kings for pretty much every July. :P

If it were YOU, and were towing from London, where would you put in for some great action for 4 guys? West of TO (Credit R) or East of TO? Pickering, or.... or.... or Darlington? Also - what lures - I have many body baits, many spoons, a few flashers, a few squids, 4 downriggers, 2 large two-bladed planer boards, and a couple of Dipsey divers (use these very seldom - can be a pain!)

Colours?

Thanks in advance for all of your informed opinions.

Bill

(London, Ont)

==============

hey bill...you may want to consider bluffers park ..usually the fishing is quite consistent here at that time of the year...usually..here you can access deep water quickly to chase down some steel or even find a good school of kings all to yourself...we stay at the marina all season and have a great time....alot of big fish hang in that area and feast abundantly before heading to their natal rivers...the scenery is magnificent and the folks on the dock are great to be around...book a slip for the weekend and stay in the water...we have a few beers...maybe a good game of poker and most certainly a ton of laffs....maybe we ll see ya there.best of luck to you just the same.. :beer: ..chris.... :beer: ..

Well, well ...... 7 days on here posted and 125 views and only one reply. (thank you Chris) :yes: I'm not one to sit on the boat and party :beer: , but thanks for that invitation. I don't even know where Bluffers Park is or how to get there from the 401.

I thought there would be lots of help for an "out of towner", but I guess not. Yes, some of you wish to keep your secret spot on Lake Ontario all to yourselves, but what about the rest?? Too shy to help?

Catching here in Lk Erie,

Bill

Hey Bill, I mainly fish out of bluffers as well, always seem to do quite well, only been skunked once there. usually fish in the 80ft to 140ft depth, with a flasher and herring cut bait, or try out various spoons. Bluffers is located brimley south of the 401 all the way down to the lake. I am not sure if you can access brimley directly off the 401. Check out a map or GPS...

Hope this helps

FISH ON !!!!!!! :rofl:

No need for the snide remarks there Bill_999. Your post came up when a lot of guys were out of town pre-fishing the Oswego Pro Am tourney. If you'll look thru the posts you will see we all try to help each other as much as we can.