Flea Issue

Bowbender,

Use 30# mono. I use Big game and it works great. Last night I had one rigger rod with 12# mono and it had 4' of fleas in about an hour and the 30# test on the other rigger was clean as could be.

Good luck,

- Chris

Just got back from Point Breeze, the fleas were brutal. Can I get away with #20 flea flicker, or do you need to go to the #30. I do not want to go through what I did this last weekend again!

Thanks

We run 20# flea flicker and have very few problems of flea build up

I ran two rigger this morning, one with 20# flea flicker and one with 30# Berkley/Trilene mono.

The Flea Flicker was clean but the 30# mono was totally clogged. I thought that 30# was supposed to be big enough for them not to attach??!!

Anyhoo, I'm going to get some more Flea Flicker - pronto.

JAM

We run 30# Big Game and have no problems with the fleas. I used to run Flea Flicker but I found it to have too much memory and line twist for my taste. I also didn't like how it laid on the reel. But it does keep the fleas off!

We never have a problem w/ 20# flea flicker. I also add about 10' of 15# mono at the end for leader. I keep 2 rods w/o a leader for when I run my flashers and 3 rods w/ leaders for the spoons.

BTW: DON'T get the 30# flea flicker. :no:

We run 25# Big Game. Never really had a problem with fleas, we get a little bit at the swivel knot but not enough to cause a problem. I bought a bulk spool of 30# Flea Flicker two years ago spooled the reels and it lasted one weekend. Stripped the reels went back to Big Game gave the remainder of the bulk spool away. After one day of fishing it was twisting way back onto the reel, tried different brands of swivels through out the day also to make sure that was not the problem, check the rod guides, etc. Maybe I bought a bad batch, not sure alot of guys seem to like it. The guy I gave the bulk spool to burned the remainder of the line after two trips and also switched line. Good Luck with whichever you choose.

the fleas wont attach to line with .027 dia. 40 lb test is .027 dia

The fleas are so bad, they are gathering on the downrigger cables. Guys on the radio yesterday were saying 40lb. was not even stopping them.

the fleas wont attach to line with .027 dia. 40 lb test is .027 dia

The fleas are so bad, they are gathering on the downrigger cables. Guys on the radio yesterday were saying 40lb. was not even stopping them.

F L E A Just another four letter word.... :@:@

• 3 weeks later...

I use 17 lb backer then tie in 150 ft of twenty lb flea flicker then run a ten Ft 30 lb lead of florocarbon to the lure and hardly get any fleas. Regardless to how bad they. Are

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png