Owasco 7/8

Hit Burtis Pt from 40 on out to 105 FOW, got two big small mouths on 4 & 5 colors on rapalas, awesome air show by our best bow of the season 27" on a shallow spoon rigger. Lost 2 good heavy fish on 200' copper and 5 colors- never saw them. Bagged a bunch of lakers on riggers 35-70 down over 100-140 FOW. 1.9-2.2 at the ball. It was a short trip but a good one. No eyes yet!

I have one rod with 30# flea flicker. I loaded the other 3 reels yesterday with 30 # berkey big game mono per Billy V's advice. Had 15# Berkley big game mono on the other 3 previously.

Jim

• 4 weeks later...

I'm looking to take an old friend who has a camp on Owasco fishing for something. I thought my best % for a catch might be smallies. But if anyone has some ideas for something I'm listening. Walleyes, perch, lakers......maybe a hint to eastside/westside for a starting spot.

It looks like the bigger points are on the eastside

Thanks for the help

Guy,

You can fish for bass in the shallow edges along the west shore from Buck Point south. On the east side from Martins Point south to Burtis point in shallow water near the drop-offs. (on both sides). You can fish for perch on the north end just out of the inlet in 20- 30 fow using minnows. I usually troll for lakers from Buck Point down the west side to Fays Point. Laker bite is slow now though.

Jim

Guy,

You can fish for bass in the shallow edges along the west shore from Buck Point south. On the east side from Martins Point south to Burtis point in shallow water near the drop-offs. (on both sides). You can fish for perch on the north end just out of the inlet in 20- 30 fow using minnows. I usually troll for lakers from Buck Point down the west side to Fays Point. Laker bite is slow now though.

Jim

Thanks Jim, I'll let you know how we do!!