I-Bay 7/11/09 - AM Report

Chris: Fishing Report

==============

TRIP OVERVIEW

==============

Date(s): 7/11/09

Time on Water: lines in water 6-7 AM only(yes that's right, only one hour)

Temp/Weather: 70's, party cloudy, rain looming

Wind Speed/Direction: SW 10-15 knots

Waves: 2-3 feet

Surface Temp: 67.5

LAT/LONG: 33 W line northward

===============

FISHING RESULTS

===============

Total Hits: 0

Total Boated: 0

Species Breakdown: 0

Hot Lure: 0

Trolling Speed: 2.2-3.0 mph

Down Speed: 2.0 mph

Boat Depth: (200 ft)

Lure Depth: riggers 100', 85', wire at 230' on a #3, 600' copper

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Short report - we only fished for one hour as I had a first-timer on the boat and he was sea-sick (bad) within 1/2 hour so we came back in after only an hour of line time. It took us longer to motor in and out than it did to fish. Nonetheless, we motored to 200' and found a very nice temp break of 45 degree water down 110'. The current was ridiculous and it was snotty so we trolled back in to 170' without a bite and then pulled the lines. We marked a few fish between 170-200', mostly on the bottom and down about 100'. I saw only two other boats out there this morning - to those of you thay stayed in, it was probably a good idea as it was quite surprisingly rough out there.

We'll be back at it Thursday for a morning and a late evening fish. Sorry the report isn't more helpful, but we weren't at it long enough.....

Good luck to all,

- Chris

Chris, tough day out there indeed. I went out for four hours from 6 am to 10 am and did not hook any fish.

We started out trolling NE in 240 FOW to 450 FOW. Nada. Easy North troll on a SW windy morning but rough ride back home.

On our return trip, I had to stop at 35 FOW to check the screen. Sure enough, there were numerous marks in front of I Bay. The surface temp was 67.3 compared to 68.5. I was thinking that the SW wind may have caused cold water to sneak in at the shore line. As I set my first line out, the rigger fired within two minutes. Nobody was home. I trolled for another half hour before my children begged me to call it quits. Saw healthy marks in between 30 and 45 FOW. Brown Trouts are out there!

tight lines.

Anthony

Sorry to hear that your trip was cut short.There will be better days!

I hope your newcomer friend had the decency to puke over the side and not on your nice clean deck.