big jon dual rod holders

Guest ReelDiel

Guest ReelDiel

2 - big jon dual rod holders. These are in great shape. I really cant use the the way my boat is set up now as there is no roon for them. I have modified one holder on each unit to make it alot easier to pull your wire dipsys out. I dont have the mounting bases for them. $150 firm. PM if intrested.heres a pic of them.

http://bigjon.com/store/list.asp?SubTyp ... oductID=61

Guest ReelDiel

there is really no way to take a pic of it. I will try to explain. On the inside of the base of the rodholder is a pin. on the tube of the rodholder itself there are holes for the postion of the rod holder in 180 degrees. So what i did is on one rod holder i drilled out some of the holes say from setting 2 (10 degrees to setting 4 80 degrees.) this way when the dipsey is out and the rod holder is laying at 10 degress and you get a strike u dont have to lean out and fight the rod holder you can pull up on the tube or rod and it comes towards you making it easier to lift out of the rod holder. i left all the holes from straight up 90 degrees to 180 in so if you dont want to use it you just flip the rod holder around on the base and now you can lock all your positions if desired. I only did this on 1 tube on each rod holder. I can say we lost a lot less fish last year not fighting the rod holder and pole.