Oswego Boat Sinking??

other than fire, that's my worst nightmare!

Worst nightmare? If mine sinks at the dock, I would be happy. Excuse to buy a new boat!

I'm with ya Gambler! That being said your better float for a few weeks or else we know who did it!

other than fire, that's my worst nightmare!

Worst nightmare? If mine sinks at the dock, I would be happy. Excuse to buy a new boat!

Bet you wouldn't feel the same if you slept on your boat like I do ;)

Nick

the back scuffer were not working plus with the rain and winds this is the rumor i heard someone got fired over this i would say

That plus the bilge pump failed. too bad. Crapshooter if your watching, feel free to come over to the red dock and jump on with me anytime. :yes:

The scupper valves on my old penn yan were a pain, i replaced them a few times, one side always let more water in then the other when standing on that side even when changed, never felt safe with them. My new penn yan does not have them, one less worry.

It does suck what happened but no one was hurt.

That is a shame, sure hate to see this kind of thing. Some ones dreams have been put on hold. Sure hope he had insurance to cover the problem.

Did the boat belong to any of the members on the LOU ?

I'm sure insurance would cover it. I wrecked my boat last year and the insurance covered it no problem. Guess what happened to my rates this year?

They went..........................

DOWN! by 60 bucks. :yes:

Progressive boat insurance. My insurance lady reccomended them and they had the best rates.

RR

My wife I lent Jim and and Marianne a hand on getting things squared away. Nobody knows for sure what had happened to sink the boat. The good news is that the Rookie brothers REALLY know their stuff. The Oswego Fire Dept, and the police were there to help and also did a fantastic job. The boat was raised and nothing on board was lost. Jim has a bullet proof insurance policy and is covered. Both engines (I/O and 9.9 kicker) were drained and restarted. The boat will be completely re-wired, and in a few weeks, it will be a bad memory. :clap::clap:

Just out of curiousity, if they don't find a "cause"... wouldn't you be a bit nervous taking it out again? I was really hoping they'd figure out what happened so we could all make sure to double check our boats!

Nick

Best bet is scupper failure. I told jim, that if it were my boat, the first thing I would do is remove the rubber diaphragm and replace is with a solid plate, seal it up tight and be done with it. There really isn't a need for them in my opinion. There was no through hull transducer added and the bilge pump was functioning properly. Because of the submersion, the electrical system shorted and everything was working. Downriggers had to be unplugged and eventually, the batteries were disconnected.