Surface Temp: (66.3°F)

LAT/LONG: (27-28N/12-18W)

===============

FISHING RESULTS

===============

Total Hits: (4)

Total Boated: (2)

Species Breakdown: (2 steelhead)

Hot Lure: (chartreuse 5 diamonds #265 Doctor spoon and 42 second NK28)

Trolling Speed: (2.7-3.0 mph)

Down Speed: (wish list)

Boat Depth: (350-425 ft)

Lure Depth: (61 ft and 88 ft)

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

(add pictures and any other details not captured above here)

76454454.jpg

Got a late start due to some electrical issues on the trailer. Headed west through a heavy 3-5 chop rolling east. Fishing solo, I wanted to make things easy and troll downwind with a following sea. Started at the 18w by 28n lines and set up my two rods on the outboard riggers. Tried a 42 second mup rig down 90ft where I saw some marks on the graph, but got fleas on my band buster and it busted so I just switched to free sliders. Not much happened until the 13-12 west line between the 27 and 28 north. Hit the first fish, a 4 lb steely on the doctor spoon 61 ft down, released. The second steely was a nice 13 lb specimen that took the nk 28 / 42 second pattern down 88 feet. Had two other hits on the sliders but no hook up. The big steely was very energetic and put on an air show several times first like a mahi mahi then a tarpon and even some strong runs rivaling a king. Dropped the riggers to 110 feet where there were some marks but no takers. Very little bait in that area. Nice day but rough water made a hard time of fishing alone.

Mark

Shoulda been in the derby....WHHaaaa ha haa ha :( What happened to the 16 lb steely that was on top? No show at awards ceremony?

Mark

PS ...Thanks Pete, I always knew that the fish was more important in the picture, but I didn't want to be mistaken for Mr. Wilson on "Tool Time" :lol: