Species Breakdown: 5 Kings, 2 lake trout

Trolling Speed: 2.4-2.7 GPS

Down Speed: 2.5-2.8 mph

Boat Depth: 140-170 ft

Lure Depth: 130-140 ft riggers, 260' #2 Mag wire diver

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Was great to be back in the saddle again after the past 2 months! I had my doubts with an east wind coming up after the hard west blows of the past days, but I was very surprised. Just myself and a buddy, so a 2 rigger 2 diver program was all I could do.

Action was steady all evening about every half hour a rod would fly, 140' rigger with the NK Green NBK took half the fish including the two biggest kings at 17 and 24lbs+, 130' rigger with NK 42 Second spoon took another teenage king, we also busted one off on the mag wire diver #2 setting at 260' with the green spinnie and hammer fly.

Fish and bait were stacked up pretty decent in 140-160 fow from 100' down to the bottom. My probe was on the 140' rigger and ranged from 46-60 degrees dependent upon direction of troll, so it was a very tight band of water.

Hope to be back out mid morning on Friday with the better half.

good job upgrady how were the fleas out there?? havent been out since last week and they were brutal. good job on the big boys i havent done any big boys in a week and a half. hope to be out this weekend. the weather looks like it will cooperate!!!!!!!

Hans,

Nice talking to you last night. We ended up doing 3 kings, 3#, 6#, 19# and a 8# laker. The 19# king was a blast. Had a big guy on my father's boat fighting it (I mean kicking his ass) :D Everything was 100ft. and below for us also. Fleas were bad but managable on the wires. Good fishing.

John

Thanks for the awesome report.

We skunked last night after fishing between 7 pm and 9:30 p.m. I did not set my riggers deep enough. Had one down 100' and the other 70' down. The deepest rigger had four hits with NK 42nd spoon but no one was home. I checked the weights after I pulled out the lines and the weight from deepst rigger felt cold while the other weight felt warm.

I have not had any success in the past 10 days with four trips being skunked. Note to myself - finish the darn Depth Raider installation.

I believe your 24# fish would have made it to the derby.

Tight lines.

Yeah, John good to know someone else was out last night as well!

Fleas were fine on my riggers with the 30lb Big Game although my biggest fear with a 47H and 30lb test was realized on the big boy... I saw the black of the bottom of the spool as well as the stud as I was able to chase him down and get him under control.... not easy with 2 people and 2 wires out 260' trolling into the waves!

I've been waiting for that one fish to finally kick me in the shorts to respool those summer reels with only 300' of 30lb!

Wires were collecting fleas, but not the worst I've seen. Temps and currents were pretty wild.... NNW and ESE trolls were best speeds and kept the lines straight as well... took fish in both directions.

Anthony- Get that probe working... you need it for the summer!

Foster,

Tell him Hi and I will be certain to let him know the details. Lars and family will be in town July 31 thru Aug 3, hope to get his 5 year old Dylan out trolling that weekend...

Yeah, we'll see if we can work something out during the derby time.