EAGLE LOWRANCE BUYERS BEWARE!!!!!!!!! THINK TWICE!!!!!!!!!!!

Last year at bass pro i bought a fishstrike 1000c the sales man and i dissused my needs and opted for this unit as it was capable of every thing i need with the possiablities of upgrading to dual frequency they even had a catologe number for dual transducer ,..when i called bass pro today they were sold out of dual transducers and suggested i call LEI electronics after 37min on hold i was told this unit is only sgl freq. and to call EAGLE another 34min on hold and was told this unit was in fact 200khz only even though the box has a sticker listing both freq. and the instruction manual says ;;;Frequency:.......................Depending on transducer,either 50/200khz dual-frequency or 200khz single -frequency........Transmitter DUAL-FREQUENCY 8000WATTS peak to peak ....Single frequency3000watts peak to peak 375 watts rms ,,,,,,,,,,, the box states also 4000 watts 500wattsRMS the technician i spoke with said "well im sorry the box is misslabled and the instruction manual should of been worded differently i dont know what to tell ya is there anything else i can help you with " SO IF YOUR THINKING OF GETTING A FISH FINDER DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT A .....EAGLE OR LAWRANCE JUST BECAUSE THE BOX AND THE INSTRUCTION MANUAL SAYS IT WILL PERFORM A CERTAN TASK IT MIGHT HAVE BEEN WORDED DIFFERENTLY %$$##$%$##$%$%$$#ex EAGLE OWNER ...............

Don't feel bad, I've been waiting over 4 years for an email response from Lowrance about a warranty issue with an X-85. Did I mention I haven't had a Lowrance product since then? Some people love them, and some people hate them. Count me in with the latter!

Ray and Shellback sorry to hear of your problems, I hope they get resolved.

I've heard just bad stuff about Lowrance/ Eagle also so I was a little leary in buying the lcx-25c unit I now have. (Good Price) I was especially so when after hooking it up, the Temperature portion of the unit wasn't working. The web site gave some info about trying some stuff to locate the problem. Anyways none of these fixes worked and I had to call the service dept. They gave me no problems and I had a new tranducer in just a couple of days,N/C. I'll let you know if this fixes the problem next week when I get the boat in the water. Maybe they're trying to get better!!

the unit works good i was just missled by the salesman at bass pro but he was reading the box the same as i with the label listing dual freq. and the instruction manual listing dual freq. also , i just dont like being missled by the packaging or salesman i saved a long time to buy this unit and i even dislike more waiting over1 hr total time on hold to get a answer. specally one ya dont want to hear , ill get over it but ill never forget it for the next 30 years i will stear anyone who brings up fishfinder/gps units in another direction than this brand ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :evil: :evil:

Ray and Shellback also sorry to hear of your problems,

I bought the same unit as daker in my old boat and had a few problems one with the gps and the other was the unit itself never heard just what was wrong with it, but both times lowrance replaced the parts. Decided to buy the raymarine a-65 when i bought my new boat last year just because i was sick of sending my old unit in to be fixed. I like the new unit just the lowrance was easier to get familiar with.

Ray,

I don't know if it will get you any more satisfaction but.........

Capt. Tony Buffa always states at his FF/GPS seminars that if you are having trouble with Lowrance and not getting satisfaction from them ...he is a Lowrance Rep and he will go to bat for you.

e-mail: [email protected]

Make sure you put something about FF dissatisfaction in the subject line

or

Phone: (315) 633-2694

Good Luck if you pursue this.

I wouldn't necessarily believe the people you talked with at Lowance. My Dad had a Fish Eagle ff which stated it handled speed and temp, but it only came with the transducer, no wheel. He called them for a p/n and was told it didn't do S&T. (Direct contradiction to the book.) I was like b-llsh-t that's why we chose that unit.

End of story: We plugged it into my sensors on my boat and it worked. Speed/Temp and depth. So we ordered the sensors, taking the p/n's from mine and it worked.

My thoughts are if the plug colors match and the plug fits, it will work.

Over the years, i've owned lots of Lowrance and a few Eagle units.I had good luck with only Two of them.They were the Z7500 eagle,and the X70A Lowrance.They were good units,and did all that i expected.

I gave up on Lowrance after i bought an X85,that they advertised everywhere as a dual frequency unit. It was dual frequency alright, but only if you bought the module for an additional hundred and fifty dollars.

They seemed to have convienently left that part out,and if you bought that in addition to the fishfinder,it would have cost more than six hundred and fifty bucks.That would have put them in the price range of the Furunos at that time with no where near the quality.

I had nothing but bad results with the X85 and lousy customer service. I wouldn't buy another lowrance product,even if it was half price.I ended up buying a Garmin dual freq.color unit,and couldn't be happier.IMO it's far superior to any comparably priced lowrance unit.

I'm doing over another boat,and want something with a bit more power,so i've decided on the FCV-620 Furuno for the sonar,and a Garmin(great service) chartplotter for the Gps,no more Lowrance for me..