SOLD - 288 Penn Yan Predator

fshdnce

1988 Penn Yan Predator- Twin 5.7 Mercruiser Blue Water inboards, ~ 1000 hours, 3 Cannon Mag 20's with Vector rod holders, Lowrance LCX 15MT, Sub-Troll 900, Garmin GPS Map, newer Horizon VHF, AC/DC fridge, shorepower, galley, head, wash down, swim platform. Planning to have boat in water 1st week in May - will be docked at the Oak. Asking $27,000 - previous deal fell through. Great fishing boat and I would never sell if I lived closer to Lake O. and could use more often. Recent compression checks performed on both engines by experienced independent mechanic turned out just fine. Boat runs very strong. E-mail Ken at [email protected] for more information.

June132006003.jpg

TomsPixSpring2005185005.jpg

Thought that it may be you. I was one of Daves' best friends. Use to go by by 3C's now it is Heavenbound. I don't know if you knew it or not, but he was just ready to semi retire at age 59. He and his wife just bought a 35 foot trailer,moved it to the campgound, looked at and bought a 24' Penn Yan in late Aug several years ago, only to be diagnosed with pancreatic cancer 2 weeks after he picked the boat up. Needless to say when they found it it was in stage 4. On Deceber 28th '03 he passed away. 5 days before he died he gave me the Penn Yan, and our other good friend he gave all his tackle to. So in memory of Dave I named the Penn Yan -HeavenBound- for I would like to think that between me witnessing to Dave and him being right with the Lord, that he now resides in a much better place. He was a hell of a good friend and fisherman as you mentioned. Fished with Dave for close to 25 years on the big lakes. Anyways, good to touch base with you. Sorry to hear that you are selling. If you want to someday, touch base with me, and maybe something could be worked out getting together at the Oak. Take care.

Chinook, yes I did hear the news about Dave. I was really shocked when I found out since Gup seemd like such a healthy guy. Love the name you gave the boat and a good man like Dave is fishing in the big pond high above I am sure. Looking forward to catching up with you at the Oak sometime. If my boat does not sell, reckon I will just have to fish it another year!

Ray and Fishdance, Thanks for your followup regarding the Guppy. Not wanting to rain on this thread as far as Fishdances' post and his selling of his boat But, I guess somehow this is just a small way to keep the Guppy's memory alive. One bit of info for you 2, since you both fish the Oak, is that in true to form from Daves' widow and family, that they upon posting his obituary requested in lieu of flowers that all memorials be sent to the Oak Orchard Penrearing project. The reason I mention that, is this year would be the one for any returning 4 year olds. So in some way the Guppy continues to touch the very sport he loved. Ken- best of luck in selling your boat. It is a beauty. But I guess it would be a real shame if in fact you had to use it again this year:)

• 1 month later...