Walleyes out of HH

IA bowhunter

Anybody with any reports out of Henderson, We will be up in a week and a half for a couple of days of Walleye fishing. I talked with a buddy who said come back the middle of Aug. as the lake hasnt turned yet and decent Walleye fishing is two weeks after that. Anybody out at Calf Island Spit or off Galloo doing anything. do we cancel and go to Erie? Have some guys coming from Iowa and will be down at the south end of the lake for 3 days salmon fishing out of the Oak then two days out of my old stomping grounds Henderson but its not looking good. Any help.

IA Bowhunter,

Best bet is to fish up by Charity/Pidgeon Island in Canada this time of year. I have caught fish out on Calf, but the Canadian waters are much better. I crushed them late July thru Turnover out there. Its the staging Quinte fish you will catch. Put in at Martins in Mud Bay and head NW.

Thanks KW,

Thanks for responding I think we are just going to stay put out of henderson, Prabably try our luck for Walleyes but in the end catch alot of smallies and work the trench for salmon(just isnt the same for salmon on the east end of the lake) We will be up next thurs and fri if any one is around look us up, staying at the sunset in Henderson Harbor(Beautiful area) with the lake not turning so late Walleyes will be scattered, any info around Henderson for walleyes, calf island spit, galloo?