Henderson Harbor kings?

I fish out of Henderson Harbor and although we've done well with lakers, we are yet to boat a king... :(

We've tried fishing the shipping channel a few times, a few weeks ago we had some good bait and predator marks and picked up a few steelhead but no kings, and most recently this weekend, we marked close to no bait and again, no kings. I thought the shipping channel was supposed to heat up around this time. Also we have been fishing with spoons and spin docs with flies at 2.5 to 3.0knots. Any advice about where to go right now to find kings or techniques to use in general would be very helpful, because somthing obviously isnt working.

-Steve

• 1 month later...

leave port at 4:30 or 5am. Fish in 134-240' on a NW troll. I've been picking up down speed to 2.8-3.1 and taking kings, although not as many as we all would like. I believe these kings are dropping back to 200-300' as light levels increase. Change colors until something works. Change your lure depth and don't hesitate to fish the 48 degree mark as the day progresses. 200'-300 ' where the USA/Canada border meets in the shipping lane.

leave port at 4:30 or 5am. Fish in 134-240' on a NW troll. I've been picking up down speed to 2.8-3.1 and taking kings, although not as many as we all would like. I believe these kings are dropping back to 200-300' as light levels increase. Change colors until something works. Change your lure depth and don't hesitate to fish the 48 degree mark as the day progresses. 200'-300 ' where the USA/Canada border meets in the shipping lane. check w/ Henchens Marina for the latest weekly update before heading out. These fish are moving east daily, we just need more of them.