Big Kings are here - Sandy Creek 7/21

We had a great day. We were 13 for 15 w/ 1 laker, 7 mature kings up to 26lbs and the rest 8-12lbs. We fished 220-280fow off the pump house. Almost every rig took a hit. Our best spoons were on riggers.. chicken wing 55ft down, gator 75ft down, black&silver 85ft down. Three of the 4 wire rods also took hits w/ flashers and flies w/ white fly and mt. dew and green krinkle fly w/ mag rings on a 1.5 and 3 setting out 250 and 350. Sorry there are no pics. forgot my camera ;(

Nice report and trip! Sure wish I read this and Fishinmans report a little earlier.

After observing for the Sodus Pro/Am I was jonesing to catch my own fish and put some of what I learned to work for me

I got out last night for an hour and a half before the lightning chased us back in.

6:15 - 7:30 pm

very light 1 foot rollers

185fow 70-90 down 55-46degrees

probably would have done some bigger fish deeper if I stayed out longer and dialed the depth a bit more

2 for 3

White SD with silver/MOP / green crinkle/glow fly

green/orange (billy baru ish) mag spoon

and either that one or die hard (free slider) was the lost one

Sandwich size king (this was late dinner) and a 12 lb king (revived and released). trolling w and nw mostly from mouth toward pump.

sounds like if I went out just a little bit deeper I would have gotten into some bigger ones.

Nice report and trip! Sure wish I read this and Fishinmans report a little earlier.

After observing for the Sodus Pro/Am I was jonesing to catch my own fish and put some of what I learned to work for me

I got out last night for an hour and a half before the lightning chased us back in.

6:15 - 7:30 pm

very light 1 foot rollers

185fow 70-90 down 55-46degrees

probably would have done some bigger fish deeper if I stayed out longer and dialed the depth a bit more

2 for 3

White SD with silver/MOP / green crinkle/glow fly

green/orange (billy baru ish) mag spoon

and either that one or die hard (free slider) was the lost one

Sandwich size king (this was late dinner) and a 12 lb king (revived and released). trolling w and nw mostly from mouth toward pump.

sounds like if I went out just a little bit deeper I would have gotten into some bigger ones.

Jason,

Did you run the 1.5 dipsey 250 and the 3.0 dipsey 300 or vise versa?

I run 4 dipseys. And to keep from tangling from running 2 dipseys on one side of the boat you need to run them at least a 1.5 setting apart. Therefore, one side of the boat the dipseys were set at 1.5 and 3 and both out 250 feet. And on the other side of the boat, the dipseys were set at 1.5 and 3 and both were out 350 feet.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

Jason,

Did you run the 1.5 dipsey 250 and the 3.0 dipsey 300 or vise versa?

Billy and I run 4 wires a lot too. We generally run our inside wires (deep wires) on .5 settings. Our high wires (outside) are run on 2-2.5 settings. This spring in Wilson a typical set up for me and Bill was 300 and 325 on the deep wires, and 350-400 on the high wires. Just give it a try! Plan on wadding up one at some point, but they work well when there is a wire bite. We run them in 4-6's without an issue too.