Fish Hawk x4

It is all personal preference. If you do not want to change out your rigger cable, go with the X4. If you don't mind changing the cable and worring about fraying the cable, go with the Depth Raider. Both units work great. I have the X4 probe with my old 840 unit and it has not hick-uped yet. Same 4 AA batteries since the begining of the season.

Go with the X-4 the other posts on this section of the forum should be enough to convince you of that.

TIM -- there are guys on this forum looking for technical assistance with their coated cable units -- please assist!!!

Couldn't resist Duane :rofl:

CC

No I'm using the old triducer from my 840 with the new X4 and it works fine. It's actually is probably a better ducer because the original is made by Airmar and the new one seems to be a no-name from China.

-Steve D

I have the new X-4 system and haven't installed it yet but I'm using the X-4 probe with my fishhawk 840 and it works great. As far as the new transducer I got with the X-4, It says Airmar on the transducer and the sticker on the cable says - Airmar transducer P52, 66kHz-A, PN: 31-379-1-11, Rev. 02. You can't go wrong with the new X-4 probe or the system.