Screen settings on mydepth finder (Hummingbird 565)

Gotta Bite

I have a Hummingbird 565 which I like alot but sometimes you won't find a fish on the screen and that is believable and other times when I start marking them you think that there are so many fish how you not snag one whikle trolling. I start to play around with the settings on a slow scroll or faster scroll as well as the sensitivity and that seems to make it worse and I end up reseting the factory ones just so it does not go haywire. Does anybody have any suggestions to get an accurate reading or should I change them up from when I am running out to where I want to fish and then adjusting them when I arrive at my destination.

You want the scroll on as fast as it will go. I turn down the sensitivity when under power. When I get to the fishing area and am at trolling speed, I turn the sensitivity up till I'm reading the balls. I do have to adjust the sensitivity from time to time depending on the depth of water. I can crank it up when over 400 ft but as I get shallower, I have to turn it down from full.

I never run factory pre's and always adjusting according to what I'm seeing. If you can see your balls, it will mark fish.

RR