33.3 lber weighed in at mikes today

I would like to think that there are some real majors out swimming around this year. But I have to say that every year it seems a big king or kings are taken ( in early to mid summer) that we then hope for a 40#'er. I would love to see it happen again like the year of '99- Where 11 kings topped over 40 during the Fall LOC- the 20th place king weighed in @ 38# 9oz. I know that- for my friend and I caught it- Having said that-the same friend and I took a 31# 8oz king back on May 12th of '02- This can be confirmed by looking at the Oak archives- This one king was close to 5 pounds over the spring derby winner. In May of all times, so naturally i was convinced we would see a 40 that year, and never happened- Point being, we are very blessed to have the 30's swimming around that we do, for the Michigan guys would give an eye tooth for what we-myself included- take for granted at times- If it happens that would be great-Could it, absolutely-Will it ? Only time will tell- But my best guess would be that the winner will come it @ around 35# this fall-Best of luck to all, be safe and dream big- ;) --Duane

That's where my boat is moored and I wanted to get into that Tourney too but I had a wedding to go to. Go figure. It sounds like they are slamming the salmon now. I had a nice tussle with a 25lber over the holiday weekend. I can't imagine a 33lber at the other end of the line. Things are looking up from what started with a lot of smaller fish being caught in the earlier part of the summer at least for me anyway?

Hey Landshark, are you going to be at Selkirk this weekend? I know we were up there around the same time last year. If so stop by I'll be in the same corner site as usual.

thanks for the pic. very nice fish. as far as those days of the early 80's and the big kings i disagree with it happening again.the amount of bait or fishing pressure in the lake has nothing to do with it.someone could catch a 40 lber. but it would be a fluke.it's all about the genetics and those genetics are gone. doesn't matter whether it's natural reproduction or artificial reproduction at altmar the genetics are the same. i would be interested to hear how the salmon of those days are going to return without nationalized health care. :(