New Moor Sub Troll not working properly ??

1.) Put the probe in one foot of water such as a bucket and spin the paddle by hand as fast as you can and see what happens.

2.) Try brand new 9-volt battery

3.) Insulate the RCA connector from the attenna to the probe with electrical tape

Good luck,

- Chris

Jgrenier,

I have my terminal connection from the coated cable wire go directly to the stud on the top of the probe. My Black's release is between the probe and ball (after the 4" terminal connection), not above the probe.

How did you make your connection from the coated cable to the release to the probe? Also, how did you insulate the connection?

-Chris

If you connect the cable to the ring on the probe how do you remove the probe for travel? I don't think i would want to travel from New Hampshire to New York with that bouncing around on the back of the boat ?

Do they sell a insulated snap or disconnect thanks

jgrenier, there is a small slot fitted calibration screw on the back of the receiving unit(the speed dial) that is accessible once you remove the cover. My probe was running slow recently so I took it on a friend's boat and re-calibrated it to his accurate unit. Might not be the issue, but worth a try. Tank

Make sure your probe can ride horizontal in the water. Sounds ike you have plenty of weight but if you put too much tape on the connection, especially if it's all wrapped really tight, you can get the following to happen.

SUBTROLL.jpg

If tilt is too much, you'll get a max reading.

Tom B.

(LongLine)