Little Salmon Chalange

Congrats to Trout One for the first place finish ;) Especially after being dissqualified at the pro am for a mistake made by the observer!!!! Also a big congrats to the second place finisher ORKA who docks with us in the BIG SALMON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Once again you finished well and deserve recognition for kickin a## in local tournaments! Havent heard full results but heard mixed reports from different ports! Anyone else that placed or was there know the tally?

Especially after being dissqualified at the pro am for a mistake made by the observer!!!!

Sorry, but it's not fair to put it on the observer :no: , THE CAPTAIN and his team should know the rules and he signed the the score sheet. Hey I feel bad for Trout-one Team.... they had a great box but they're the ones ultimately responsible.

Congrats to Trout-one for their win on the Little Salmon Challenge..... :clap:

alldoorsman, I am not comfortable with your comment as the observer being the one at fault ..I dont know you or trout one but it is clear you or him has never participated in a pro am before, and its a learning curve that can come back to haunt you if you dont pay attention at the Capt. /observer meetings.All rules are not gone over line by line at these meetings due to length of time but it has been repeated at all meetings that all information on the fish log sheet must be accurate Before CAPT, puts his initials after EACH fish then review all information before signing final line. The only reason i comment on this post is to assure all people (observers) that you do not have to be a GPS reader, or a expert at any of the needed information for the observer position but only to LOG in the information given to him or her by the capt of the team . then the captian must review information before signing . The observers are very important to these derbys and they cannot be run without them.. it is TRULEY UNFAIR TO LAY THIS BLAME ON THE OBSERVER..THANK YOU to all the observers who help make these derbys possable....and to the new guys and girls on the fence who would like to observe for the PRO/AMs Im shure you will be welcomed with open arms ....THANK YOU ..Ray Koziatek

Sorry forgot to mention Congrats to Trout on there Little salmon derby finish... now you got it figured out how to catch fish give the pro ams a try again next year ,just dont be shy asking questions about the rules ,and if you dont feel confy asking in front on everyone just grab the officials after the meeting and they will explain any questions you have ...There all a good bunch of guys and are there to help us all learn the old rules and the changes that may be made year to year ...Hope this helps Ray K.

Ray is right the observer is just that!!! They right down what is brought into the boat and the where and when. The Capt. is the one that has to know the rules and what is done on their boat. The Observer makes sure the cooler is empty ( eat all the snacks ) 8) . Write down each fish as they come in. Ask for the gps numbers. Stay with the cooler till its weighed in. Any decision is made by the Capt.

I was an observer for the first time this year.Did Oswego and Sodus.Both captains I observed on there boat showed me as soon as the first fish was landed where to get the gps #s They both double checked and initialed it as I went . I would say more on the captain , not the observer. Gary

Knowing the Trout One team very well these guys just made a mistake thats all it was in fact these guys have won the O Town pro am before and always in the top ten!!! Just this year they let it slip thru the cracks!!! This is also the second time in 3 years they have won the LSRC!!!! So you could say they own it so to speak!! BIG CONGRATS to the Crew!!! And to do it with a Charter even Better!!!!!!! :clap::clap:

This isn't the first time Trout One been dissqualified from a Pro/Am. I believe that he was the another boat that rescue the people off houseboat that sank, with the Candy boat a few year back off Oswego :clap::clap::clap::clap: . This was a mistake by Captain and Crew by not checking the log sheet. Don't put this on the observer shoulder because we need them to make the Pro/Am work. How would anyone feel if you just cost someone first place in a tournament like this??? We had observer on the boat NEVER fish before, let alone know the rules. S**t some of the Captains that been fishing the Pro/Am's for years don't know all the rules.

Well Ray ive been fishin the pro ams for more than 15 years and have been on the winnning team in Olcott more than once! I know how to catch fish and would be more than happy to discuss this with you at your convience!!! As far as the observer all I said was the observer dident write down the coordinates, it is the observers responsibility to record the catch on the paper and yes Jim should have checked it but weve all been there! All im saying is I dont agree with Trout One being DQd, I think its bs and I stood up for him and told tournament officials that I was within eye sight of him the entire day even during the violent thunderstorm that we fished through! So anyway everyone has their opinion and thats mine!

I wonder if the pro am commitee would be up for just allowing people to fish ANYWHERE, and not worry about the coordinates. I don't quite understand them... I mean if you said "this is the wayne pro am, so you can fish from Rochester to Fair Haven"... sure that would make sense... but right now what's the point of them? Just to avoid Canada? Very strange.

Nick

Thank you for your offer on how to catch fish ,Im kinda new at the Lake ontario fishing programs but have a lot to learn on different ways to get the big boys to bite. Sorry if my response posed you or trout one as newbe's but ive only done a few pro ams and despite all the chatter in the room (at capt and observer) meetings i sit in front to hear any changes or new rules to help make shure i get it right (kinda tuff being polish) . Thanks again for your offer to help my (our teams) fishing program, your professional attitude and willingness to share info is a good thing for the PRO AMS