Chautauqua Musky Tournament

As of 2:30 p.m. today,Sept. 7th,2009 we have 60 Tournament Entrants,only 15 spots left.If you plan on fishing the Chautauqua Cash Musky Tournament you better email me soon and send in the $25 Entry Fee for each fishermen,I think at this rate those who wait till the 18th or 19th to signup will be to late the Field will be Full at 75 by then!

Capt. Larry D. Jones

www.mostlymuskies.com

Today I mailed each paid Tourney Entrant a Tournament cover letter,Release Forms and Dinner Ticket."Do Not Loose Your Dinner Ticket,You Must Have Ticket To Get The Chicken Dinner!"This is the only way to keep persons not in the Tourney from walking up and snatching a free dinner.I will have additional Release Forms at the Seminar and at Prendergast Launch from 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m..If we still have any Open Tourney Spots left at the Sept. 18th Seminar ,you can sign up then or at Prendergast Launch till 9:00 a.m. Sept. 19th.But if you want the Chicken Dinner I need to know by this Thursday Sept 10th,if not you will still have to pay $25 with $5 going to the Bait Fish Fund.

Capt. Larry D. Jones

Repeatability Is 90% Of The Hunt!

Tony,We will Draw for the Rod at the Friday Seminar.Call me Saturday morning at 6:00 a.m. and find out if you Won,then I can give it to you at the Launch,716-432-0198 This goes for anyone else who doesn't make the Seminar.Just remember if you miss the Seminar you miss out on all the Door Prizes,Beckman Net,Lures etc..

Capt. Larry D. Jones

www.mostlymuskies.com

Tony,We will Draw for the Rod at the Friday Seminar.Call me Saturday morning at 6:00 a.m. and find out if you Won,then I can give it to you at the Launch,716-432-0198 This goes for anyone else who doesn't make the Seminar.Just remember if you miss the Seminar you miss out on all the Door Prizes,Beckman Net,Lures etc..

Capt. Larry D. Jones

http://www.mostlymuskies.com

How about i just see you at the dinner. I can wait to the end of the tournament. I just wanted to make sure that i didn't have to be present to win. Thanks Larry!

Same goes for me as well Tony. I have a golf tournament on Friday in Rochester and requested the earliest tee time so that I could get down to Chautauqua ASAP following the golf tourney. Hopefully I can make it in time to be present for the door prizes... :yes:

ok ok i confess.....i did order the jones bait-was keeping that within but it`s out now!After talking with erma(you`re right ,wonderful lady)and getting the scoop on their baits i descided to try them.Thank you for the shipping recomendations,what a pal .There`s a good chance i may not recieve them in time anyways(bummer).Would`ve like to run them thursday/friday but will have to stick with reliables.Oh well,i`ll be back out there agian this year.

bob- send it to my house. can't leave til friday am and could hook u up at chaut. she said mine would be here by then. did i tell you about the new plug that they are sending me free? brand new model that goes 15ft+. oh- did i say that? my seceret is now out. watch out for the mighty "musky lex" next weekend. she is representing a strong 33% of the Baker Musky Clan. Make sure to get her all excited about smacking a fatty when u see her. get her all pumped up. she is looking to break the 32" barrier. when we were taking the boat out of the water last time at waneta some people came over after seeing the musky lures and talked to her. this was going on while i was getting the truck and trailer ready. boy oh boy was she talking big. you should have hear her bragging- gotta run this plug, this color, this amount of line out, etc.... i had a laugh.

Very cool ,i may have to take you up on that.I`ll give her a call on the status(coating needs 72hrs to cure and that puts it on monday).Sounds like lex is getting into it,Chautauquas a good place for that fatty!32 should`nt be too hard to top out there.Does`nt sound like she needs much encouragement,but we`ll turn it up a notch!! :yes: I`ve got stalkers for gus &`lil ernies & tuff for nitro set aside,Were there any of those lures you wanted?

bob- still have that terminator, woodie or jointed wiley? watch out- just put new hooks on my suicks and bobbies. used to troll these alot and back then the diver jerkbaits were the only baits we would troll when i fished with my father. have caught a good # trolling weighted jerks in the south end. we did many multiple fish days back them. we would troll the jerks when casting wouldn't get the job done. always went fast back then. all black or chart w/ black dots. can't imagine that they wouldn't still hit em. how many firetiger and perch cranks do you think those south end fish have seen this year. getting all excited and such. trolling jerks was a workout though. sore backs and shoulders. we will see if i am still man enough to pull em. will try to have 3 cranks out and switch between the trainwreck and a jerk for the last rod. we used to do like 2:1 on jerks over cranks. but that was back in day with out any specialty speed cranks like i have nowdays. the most muskies i have ever done casting in one day happened in the south end with a black jackpot. all casting- 6 fish- one morning. used to fish the jackpot alot. missed some nice fish also. lost a monster off long point in august on one of these baits a few years back. second biggest musky i have ever had on. damn it. still makes me sick to this day. i think over time- i have missed close to half of my strikes on the jackpot. don't worry- i am still missing fish on topwaters though. have done it this year too. i am really good at missing em.

We have 73 Fishermen Entered in the Tourney as of today,there are 2 remaining spots.At this point there is not enough time to mail me a check,I deposit it and return your release forms by Thursday morning when I'm heading down to Chautauqua Lake.So anyone else wanting one of the last spots either stop by Happy Hooker Bait Shop before Thursday and leave a check made out to Mostly Muskies or email me at [email protected] by Wendesday morning that you will be bringing your Entry Fee to Fridays Seminar or to Prendergast Launch between 6:00 a.m and 9:00 a.m. on Saturday Sept. 19th.Those who make contact will get in before those that drive up last minute.Since we already have the Chicken Dinner count set with the vendor those getting in the Tourney now will be on standby for Dinner.Some may not show Saturday for dinner and we may have enough to feed those who got in after the dinner order was confirmed at 60.If not the $5 will go to the Bait Fish Fund!

Mostly Muskies Charters & Guide Service

Captain Larry Jones

Web Site: http://www.mostlymuskies.com

There are 2 spots left for the Tourney,I will be leaving for Chautauqua Lake Tomarrow in early a.m.,so if your going to email me to get one of the last open spots you will need to do so today.Once I leave I will have no access to the Internet,so then we will take the first 3 fishermen that walk up,unless the last 3 spots fill today.

Capt. Larry D. Jones

http://www.mostlymuskies.com

see ya'll there! I won't get down there Thur night like I had hoped. that little thing called work is getting in the way (good problem to have in this economy I guess). oh well.

Will be there in time for the seminar though. Larry, have that Molson XXX ready!!! :beer:

muskies: I'm ready for ya!!! :*

everyones getting all excited. i sharpened all the hooks on all the baits. replaced hooks when needed and added some color to some plugs. good luck everyone! keep an eye open for the newly famous musky lex!