DEC Survey and the Headless Laker!!

DEC pulled the JERK boat over to survey fish.

Notice the headless laker. They scanned it with a wand only to discover that it was one of the Lakers that had a chip in it's head. She asked me if she could take the chip out and I said sure, Next thing I know she lops the upper part of the head off!! Also told me one of the Salmon was a natural " not stocked Salmon" The two guys were in training and it took a long time for them to do survey, training them.

DECSurvey1.jpg

CroppedLakerDECsurvey.jpg

DECSurvey.jpg

DECSurvey7.jpg

WillieKing3-1.jpg

The last pic is a friend of mine with a King. We did very well that day boated several nice Kings Saturday July 25th..

Well she could have at least gutted it for you while she was at it. Thanks for the report and pictures. They must cut a fin on them out there just like they do here on the west coast, all native or natural Kings ,and Coho are to be released out here

Ray they don't "pull you over" like the police :o they ask if you were out fishing and then ask if you caught any (your answer would be NO :lol::P and if you have them and they would like to see them. Then they measure and ask a bunch of questions like, why do you do you have 9 fish in your cooler when you are fishing by yourself :o:o and send you on your way.

They are at I-Bay a lot and at the Genny quite a bit from what I remember when I was fishing out that way.

P. S by the way the sign says "Angler SURVEY"